Of course since the family is psychotic, the saga couldn't end with my sending the money and the letter. I got another phone message today. This time from the lady's daughter, but just as crazy. Here's basically what she said: " This call is for Zandra, 'the poor young pregnant lady' (which, I know, that part I threw in at the end of my letter and it didn't have anything to do with the situation one way or another. it didn't really matter if I was pregnant or not) who accused my mother of having nothing better to do in her life (I think it was that last line in my letter, and the part that really got them). You know what? We never EVER want to hear from you again. And I never EVER want to hear you accusing my mother of something. She is the most honest person on this earth (did I ever say anything about her not being honest?). And how dare you write such a stupid, pitiful, upsetting letter to my mother (oh, but all her rude phone calls are okay?) after what you did (again insinuating that I had done it on purpose), and then accusing her of having nothing better to do in her life (I must have hit the nose on that one). And let's see, you 'appreciate her threatening you with a lawyer over such a small financial matter'... what business is it of yours, 'a poor pregnant woman,' who wrote a bad check, caused financial strain...it is no concern of yours about our cash flow in or out (uhhh, I wasn't concerned about your cash flow...I was just pointing out that a lawyer would probably laugh in your face). You wrote a bad check, that happens to be illegal, and not a very nice thing to do (again, did I mean to do it? no...it's called an accident - neither something nice nor mean. and by the way, harassment is illegal as well, which I believe this message and the other 3 or 4 phone calls constitutes as...), and cost her a bank fee (I belive I included $40 in the envelope, which more than covers the $25 clothing and the $8 fee). You really need to get some psychological help (I was just thinking the same think about you...), you really need to look over your morals (hmm, really? I don't think I ever made one nasty remark about your mother's character at all. which both of you continue to say I am a horrible person, and imply that I am somehow not honest, and trying to inflict financial strain on your life...and I'm the one that needs to look over my morals?), and we'll pray for you, okay? (really, thanks, that makes me feel so much better...almost makes me feel like you might be normal...wait, nope.)"
So, anyways, I am kinda glad she called in a way. I did want to ruffle their feathers just a bit with my letter, and now I know it did. But, geez, did it really call for another phone call with all that slanderous and accusatory language? Like I said, I never degraded the lady's character at all. Never said she wasn't honest. Mostly I just said that I felt sorry for her. And I think most of what I wrote they found to be true and maybe that's why it hurt so bad that they felt they had to retaliate. Well, sorry lady, but sometimes the truth hurts. And why did she have to start the whole thing out in the very very beginning saying I was such a rotten person. I think any sane person may have called me and said: "Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I got your check returned and my bank is charging me with a small fee. If you could call me back so we could work this out, I'd appreciate it." Doesn't that sound a little more normal? Anyways, my blood got to boiling again...and even though I want to retaliate as well just to stick up for my own character, I think I'll just leave it at that. I feel better venting out to all of you already anyways...They aren't worth my time. I'll just laugh inside and feel a little sorry for them...
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

4 comments:
Oh Zandra write her another one, I know you are dying too....just do it!
I am just kidding, leave that poor old lady alone! I am sure she is going to be on pins and needles waiting for your next letter. Let her know you are the BETTER person!
I know, I know...besides, I do realize that I am pregnant and hormonal! But I still think I would have been upset even if I wasn't, but maybe I would've been able to just let it all roll off my back...
Well, I'm not pregnant and that got my blood boiling, but you are definitely the better person to just let it go now. I think your letter was great and not even rude.
By the way, what are you doing up at 11:56pm? And how have you been feeling lately?
Thanks, Ester. I'm glad you're mad for me too!
I am always up late...no, I usually try to go to bed between 10 and 11. Brandon was probably out that night, so I didn't want to go to sleep right away...
Are you going to Kelly's Tupperware party on Thursday?
Post a Comment