Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Lots of Pics!

Okay, I've posted about a thousand pictures for your viewing pleasure. Raegann and I went to Shae's 7th birthday on Friday afternoon to help out. It was quite a bash! Shae invited his whole class, and I think about every one of them showed up, not to mention his other buddies from outside of school! So, I helped Sara in the midst of the chaos. I made spinach dip for the few parents who hung around, then I baked cupcakes (with the help of another friend, Renee), frosted the cake and cupcakes, and decorated the cake. Then I took Raegann outside to enjoy the party. Even though it was quite crazy with all the wild kids running in every direction, the night turned out to be a great success, and Shae had a wonderful time!

I don't even remember what I did on Saturday...

Sunday was the JDRF (Junior Diabetes Research Foundation) walk to cure diabetes (thanks again to all who donated!). We had eight adults and six kids on Shae's team, the Santa Fe's. As a team, we raised over $1,500 ! Way to go Santa Fe's...we are studs! So, we met over at the Din's house at 7-the-crack-of-dawn-AM. That means I had to wake up at 5:45. That may not seem that early to some of you working people, but let me tell you, after over a year of staying home with Raegann, and especially now that I am pregnant, my sleep is precious! I usually don't wake up till somewhere between 8:30 and 9:00 AM - I am lucky...I got a sleeper for my first, and I just pray that I am so lucky again the second time around! Anyways, so we carpooled down to Carlsbad and the walk started at 9:00. It was a 5K, which is a little over 3 miles, right along the beach. It was the most beautiful day, too! Not a cloud in the sky and the temperature was a dream. After the walk, the 14 of us went out to brunch at IHOP, my favorite! I think we got home around 3:30, and boy were Rae and I pooped! Rae took her normal 3-hour nap and I squeezed in a little nap as well. Ahhh, what a fulfilling day.

Oh, by the way, I am cancelling Christmas this year. I just don't think I can afford it. I got several bills over the weekend, and just don't see how I can pay them, and buy presents! They all have to do with how our insurance works with prenatal and delivery coverage. Two are for the lab/blood work that I've had...totalling about $800 after the insurance has paid their share, and to be paid in full upon receipt! Then the billing dept for the OBGYN said that I need to pay the entire estimated $1800 by the time I am 6 months along, so at my next visit I have to come with $450. Well, of course, I don't plan to deliver with the OB at the hospital, so at least I know I won't have to pay the entire $1800, but I was still planning one more visit so I could get my ultrasound, so I guess I'll still need to pay that $450 for next month! Yikes!!!

Okay, I am off to watch MTV. Have any of you seen "the reality show?" Well, I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard that there is a girl from Ramona on it and she is supposedly one of the finalists. Whoever wins, gets their own show in their home town, kinda like Laguna Beach...wouldn't you all be jealous of our little town then...?!

2 comments:

Z-Mama said...

Just a quick correction...We raised over $1,500 BEFORE the $1,000 matching donation from one of Lori's friends...So, the total was actually over $2,500!!!

Anonymous said...

our total is now actually over 2,700. thank you so much for walking and for all your help with shae's b-day party. you are a true friend!!