Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Catching up...

I usually do my time on the internet at night...however, it has been hard this week to balance my time between Brandon, Christmas tree and house decorating, present wrapping, and a few other events that took place this week. So I am very sorry for the lack of bloggage. Here is a wrap-up of the week...or at least the parts that I can remember (the baby really does steal brain cells ya know...).

Kerri took Thursday and Friday off, so on Thursday we went down to visit Nikki at her school. She is a fourth grade teacher at a little school in the Poway area. This is her first year, and she is already such a great teacher and her room looks so cute! I am so happy for her! After that we all met up with another friend, Kelly and her little girl Brenna for some coffee. Oh, how I love my coffee dates!

On Friday Kerri and I got together and wrapped all our Christmas presents!!! It took a few solid hours, but I can't believe I actually got it done. I realized, though, that I was still in need of a few more presents for a few other people.

Saturday night Brandon, Raegann, and I went to Christmas on the Prado in Balboa Park. Not at all what I was expecting, but it was still good to get out to do something with the family. It was sooo crowded! It took like an hour to park once we got in the vicinity, and once we did, the line for the shuttle was so picking long that we decided to just walk. We forgot the stroller, however, so we had to carry Rae the whole time...and of course she wanted me for most of the time! When we finally made it there, it was more like a carnival then a Christmas experience. I thought the entire place would be decked out in lights, but that was not the case. And I also thought that there would be Carols heard throughout the park. There was one area where there was a Choir singing, which was nice, but we just decided to leave and go get dinner. By the time we walked all the way back to our car, it was 9:00!!! I think we left our house around 5:30. So, we went and got take out at Pick up Stixs. Little Raegann was such a trooper and didn't even fuss the whole time. She stayed awake the whole time too and ate dinner with us when we got home even though it was 10pm!

Sunday after church we went to lunch with Brandon's parents, Marshall, and Kerri at a restaurant in town...yummy! Then that evening Kerri, Raegann, and I went to the Christmas Carols at church. They had the whole place set up with tables and centerpieces and a buffet of cookies. I think I ate about 8 or 9 cookies, but I lost count! I can't resist baked goods, and with that many to choose from, I just had to try them all! Brandon had his dad and brother over for the Charger/Raider game, so when we left church we brought dinner home to everyone. Brandon was in a great mood that evening...good thing the Chargers kicked some butt!

Monday night I went out on another Girl's Night! This time with my girlfriends from San Diego State (except for Jennifer :( who lives in Houston), Ester and Kelly. We met at the mall and went to dinner at Pat & Oscar's. I think we sat in there for over 2 hours just talking and catching up!!! Then we went into only a couple stores before parting. It was such a great time, but I don't know when we will do it again since Kelly is already 8 months pregnant and then I will be having my new baby only 2 months after her. So probably not for another 6 months, but I know the time will still go by fast...it always does.

Tuesday I went to the mall with my mom on her day off to take Raegann to get her 18 month photos. She did pretty good, but she didn't last long enough for us to get any holiday poses besides her 18 month poses. Then we took her to see Santa for the first time. She was so cute! We waited in line for about 20 minutes and she thouroughly enjoyed watching him. She would wave to him every now and then and even leaned forward like she wanted to go see him. Then it was our turn. We walked up to him, he handed her a candy cane and I put her on his knee...and instant tears! He was such a sweet santa though! He talked to her so sweetly and told her she didn't have to cry as he gently wiped a tear from her cheek. Then when she got off his knee he handed her another candy cane...and she was instantly happy again. All smiles, she held my hand as we walked away and she turned and said to him in her cutest little voice, "bye..." as she waved. It was almost as though she enjoyed the experience! So, we now own one of the classic Santa holding the crying baby pictures...but I still think it's adorable!

That night, Brandon and I finished up the few presents we needed to get and wrapped them and put them under the tree. I am now officially done! I am now officially ready to enjoy the Christmas season!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes sister you have been busy!!! raegann looked so cute in all her pictures. i dig the santa picture, a true classic. don't start enjoying the season too much i have presents to wrap and we still have a boat load of bark to make!!!!!

Z-Mama said...

But see, now I have time to make our super yummy peppermint bark and even enjoy doing it!