Wow, what a week! Phew, it sure was crazy! Wednesday was Brandon's 31st Birthday...we went to my parents house to celebrate and have dinner. On Thursday we celebrated Brandon's and Kerri's birthdays with Brandon's family at our house. Friday was Kerri's 28th Birthday, so we went with her family out to dinner to celebrate. Then Saturday of course was Christmas Eve. Last minute grocery shopping and wrapping in the afternoon, then we went to our church's Candlelight Service...probably my favorite service of the whole year! Then my family and Brandon's family all came over to hang out and we had lasagne, salad, and garlic bread. Everyone stayed late and then I stayed up even later to do some "Santa" stuff. On Christmas morning we slept in till 9:00. I made Creme Brulee French Toast for breakfast and we had to wake Raegann up so we could open up presents! It was a great Christmas morning. Then we had to pack up and move on out to Brandon's parent's house. They had ham and egg strata for brunch and we opened presents for what seemed like hours. I think we left around 2:30 to head back home so Rae could take a nap. Meanwhile, I made a dessert to bring over to my parent's house. We got there around 5:00 and opened presents immediately (they hadn't opened one gift till we got there - way to show will power!). Then we had a delicious pot roast for dinner and we were all so full that no one had the dessert I made (strawberry-cheesecake-pretzel squares)! I think we got home from there around 8:30. Rae was so wired from all her new toys that she stayed up for another half hour or so running around the house playing. Then finally on Monday we were able to just relax! Now I feel like I need to start moving again and try to get the house cleaned up...I can't even believe the amount of toys that are in our house! I have no idea where to put them all...
And, so, that has been our crazy Christmas week! We are truely blessed! Thank you, Lord, for sending us your son. I hope you were all blessed this week as well!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment