Hi! How is everyone out there doing? I know it's been like two weeks since I've posted, but really I haven't had anything worth writing about. I had a prenatal appointment with my midwife earlier this week. And I am now to the point where I will be visiting her every 2 weeks...crazy! My sweet tooth finally caught up with me...the sugar level in my urine came back high. And since I was already tested for my glucose levels earlier in this pregnancy, she decided to put me on a diet before I reach gestational diabetes levels. So I had to recap what I had eaten in the past 2 days, and when it started with a bowl of Cocoa Pebbles for breakfast...it wasn't good! So, I've really had to cut back on my sugar, which is soooo hard, but I've been doing so good! So far I am very proud of myself. The worst I've been was on Friday when I had a brownie and a small piece of pie. Normally I probably would have a huge piece of pie and like 5 brownies! And I really didn't have any other sugar that day. Yesterday I think I had about 10 M&Ms. I went to the grocery store and got all kinds of healthy food, so my new diet consists of something like:
Breakfast: Cream of Wheat, 2 Mandarin Oranges
Lunch: 1 piece Sprouted Wheat Toast with Almond Butter & 1/2 Sliced Banana
Snack: Yogurt with Grape Nuts, Kiwi, Raspberries, and Strawberries
Dinner: Citrus Ginger Chicken Breast and Basamati Rice
Anyways, I sure hope I can keep up the good work. Does anyone have some healthy and YUMMY receipes that you could share with me??? Please, please...???
Oh, and we went to see the Lion King last night. I have to say that they did a really great job. I had a hard time imagining how you could bring an animated classic about animals to life without seeming too weird. But the costumes were amazing and very animal-like. And the singing was so good. I was pooped, though, cause we went to the 8:00 showing and it lasted 3 hours...we didn't get home till midnight! Oh, and we decided on a name for our little girl...Kamryn May. Now we have to work on a backup just in case it's a boy!
Have a great week!
3 comments:
Keep up the good work on the diet. If I come across and good recipies I will let you know. I'm glad you blogged again, you were missing for a while and I enjoy reading whats going on at the Browns.
Love the name! Good choice. =)
Hi Zandra!
I had gestational diabetes with Maddy and was able to control it with diet and exericise. It wasn't too bad because I just kept focusing on what I needed to do for a safe delivery and a healthy baby. I had a bad sweet tooth, too. Kaiser gave me some great tips and my blood sugar stayed normal throughout my pregnancy.
Angie
Post a Comment