Here's what BabyCenter has to say about this week in pregnancy: "Good news! If your baby were born today her chances of surviving — and thriving in the long run — would be excellent. By this week she weighs about 4 3/4 pounds and is almost 18 inches long. Her skin is smooth and she's layering on the fat she needs to control her body temperature when she enters the world. You may be fatigued from lack of sleep, especially from having to run to the bathroom at night as your uterus keeps the pressure on your bladder."
Wow, I can't believe I'm 34 weeks! I feel like little Kamryn will be here sooo soon...to me it feels like next week! And of course I have so much I want to do before she gets here, so I'm starting to freak out a little. And since I am having a home birth, I am convinced that my house and bedroom will never be clean enough. What am I to do!?! I am ready to move everything out of our bedroom and steam-clean the carpets this week. And with that thought in mind, I am considering painting our room since I will be moving all of our furniture out anyways...but then I begin to think, do I really have the time or energy for all of this??? Probably not. So I don't know if I'll actually get anything done. But, no! I HAVE to! At least deep clean. Okay, I may need to enlist the help of a few friends...any volunteers?
And I have been getting more uncomfortable lately. I bought some extra pillows and have surrounded myself at night with them to try to get a better night's sleep. And then Kamryn has been kicking me in the ribs so hard that she's been waking me up a couple times in the middle of the night. I feel like she's trying to stretch out and her feet are pushing out way past where my tummy should actually stretch. And then of course I have to wake up to pee at least once a night. So, I am back to taking naps in the middle of the day! But don't get me wrong...I still LOVE being pregnant, it is my favorite thing in the world! I just thought I'd share a little of the discomfort I have been experiencing.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

3 comments:
Yeah! Baby is almost here!
Wow. She really is almost here!! I'm so excited for you guys.
zandra,
i'd be happy to help you move stuff/ carpet clean. i'm off most tuesdays, so let me know if i can be of service! i feel like i haven't seen you in FORVEVER!
-heidi
Post a Comment