Thursday, March 09, 2006

37 Weeks & Other Stuff...

37 WEEKS:
This week marked 37 weeks of pregnancy...and boy am I getting tired and uncomfortable! I don't know if I've mentioned before, but I can't remember feeling like this with Raegann. I thought with her I could just be pregnant forever! Anyways, here is what BabyCenter says: "Only three weeks to go! Your pregnancy is now considered full-term and your baby probably weighs a little over 6 pounds and is a tad over 19 inches long. You may notice end-of-pregnancy changes soon — like an increase in vaginal discharge or more frequent and intense Braxton Hicks contractions (preludes to the real thing). Worried your water will break in public? This statistic may ease your fears: Spontaneous rupture of membranes before labor only happens in 15 percent of pregnancies."

PREGNANCY DISCOMFORTS:
...And I have insomnia! Last night I woke up at 3am only to toss and turn till 4am, and then I just stared at the clock till 5am. Then I said to myself, this is rediculous, so I decided to just finally get up for a while. I went out to the living room and cuddled up on the couch with my HypnoBirthing book. I finally went back to bed around 6:30am and was able to sleep till around 9am. And this insomnia thing is becomming way too common! This is not the first time, and I am afraid it will not be the last...I am not ready to give up my sleep yet, but I think God is trying to prepare me...
...And these Braxton-Hicks contractions are starting to get annoying. I am getting them all the time! And they are definitely becoming more intense. Not painful, just a little tighter feeling. Some days I get them once an hour and even up to as many as once every ten minutes! I think they are what woke me last night.
Sorry to complain, but I just had to vent a little...Ahhh, I feel better now!

PRENATAL & BIRTH REHERSAL:
Saturday, my Midwife came up for my prenatal appointment and we also had a birth rehersal. It was so wonderful! I had both of our entire families attend and I think it got everyone so pumped! We first sat out in the dining room while Diane kinda just went over some basics. Then we moved into the bedroom and had a mock birth! We assigned everyone a duty and then pretended like I was going through labor. Then we put a baby doll under my shirt. When I am in transition and I begin to push, everyone abandons their posts and can find a comfortable view. Diane is on one of my inner thighs, and Brandon is on the other. Diane then delivers Baby Kamryn's head and neck and then she puts Brandon's hands on Kamryn to complete the delivery! Brandon then takes her and places her on my tummy. Oh, it was so much fun and such an awesome blessing to be able to envision her arrival. We sure can't wait to meet our new little girl!

MARSHALL:
Today is my brother-in-law's 29th Birthday...Happy Birthday Marshall!

EMBARRASING STORY:
Okay, so I thought I had a few stories to share, but now that I am trying to think of them, my mind is drawing a blank. Did my psychological mind erase them from my memory to try to ease the pain? Whatever the case, I don't know. But I can remember one...not all that embarrasing, but I'll share anyhow. I was in the 10th grade, I believe. I would wear extremely short little shorts as I guess that was in style. I would die now if I ever tried to put on a pair that short. Just shy of showing my cheeks! Anyways, it was between classes so everyone was out in passing. We had these wood posts along the walkway and as I was hurrying to my next class, I bumped into one as I passed through the herd of students. ~~RIPE~~was the sound that I heard to my horror. I dared not look down, for I knew what had happened. My shorts had caught the wood post and tore all the way up and all the way down one side. Was my underwear exposed for all the high school world to see? And granny undies at that? Please tell me that my underwear had not ripped too and exposed even more! I just grabbed what I could to try to hold the shreads together and made a dash for the office. I prayed no one had noticed...but at the same time I knew it was inevitable. The rest is a blank. I know that I must have shuddered to think about returning to school the next day for fear of hearing of my indecent exposure, but again, I cannot remember. I think my brain is trying to protect me from re-suffering the humility.

BABY POLL:
Please continue to leave your input in the baby poll. If you do not know how to leave a comment, click on the Comments button under the post. It will show all the other comments people have left and there will also be a space to type your own comment. Then fill in the Word Verification and hit submit!


Okay, hopefully I've not missed anything to update you on...hope all is well with everyone out there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The baby rehersal sounded exciting! It's getting so close, Yeah!
~Amylee