Thursday, March 16, 2006

In Other News...

I guess I could post about the Prenatal appointment I had this week in case anyone is interested. It was such a great appointment, and I truely love my Midwife...I can talk to her about anything and feel so reassured when I do. I was there for about an hour and 45 min this time! We did the usual check up - blood pressure, weight, urine analysis, listening to baby's heartbeat, feeling baby's position. Everything checked out great. Then she did a blood test to check my hemoglobin levels again...still low. Not lower than the average person, but low for me. So she had me pick up a different supplement - Floradix Iron & Herbs. I have to take two shots a day...kinda tastes like prune juice. She said that it's really nothing to worry about, but put it this way: It's like I'm in training for the Olympics or a Marathon, and she wants my body to be in the best shape it can be for the big day. The hemoglobin level is the amount of oxygen in your blood. Iron helps to increase this, as does excercise. So I was also prescribed to take at least one 15 min walk per afternoon. Anyways, then she set up her Fetal Heart Tones Monitor, which she will be bringing with her to my labor. She got all my info typed in now, so she doesn't have to try to do it during the labor. And since it was hooked up, we took about a 15 min reading. Very fun! I got a print out of the graphed heart rates. Kamryn was asleep for about half the time and then woke to roll around a few times. Then Diane checked me to see how close we could estimate Kamryn's arrival. Still 75% effaced, and this time 1 cm dialated. But she is not yet engaged. Granted, all of this could happen overnight, or not for a few weeks, so it's still anyone's guess. But Diane did say that she expects to see me at my next appointment on Tuesday, but that she doesn't expect me to deliver past my "due date."

Today I just felt super tired. I have been having SO many Braxton-Hicks contractions...it feels like I've just had one constant one all day. In reality, it's probably been about one every 10-20 min. I think that's why I feel so tired too. If you think about it, it's a huge muscle squeezing and releasing all day, so I've had a really long work out!

Oh, and I almost forgot...! Happy first birthday (yesterday) to Raegann's little friend, Brenna May! I should have some pics to post of the bday party we will be going to on Saturday...unless of course Kamryn decides to come!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you post what is going on at your appointments they are very interesting and exciting.
~Amylee :)

Anonymous said...

Zandra, i love all of the details about your pregnancy!! thank you for sharing!! we had the best time seeing you yesterday!! love you tons!!
kel

Anonymous said...

I too love reading all the info about your appointments - thanks! Sounds like it could be anytime now!