Chaos. What am I doing? Just what do I think I’m doing? I know this will be my dream house, but just what kind of project have I taken on? I knew this place would be a lot of work, but I guess I unrealistically thought it would take us about 3-4 weeks to get the house in order to be ready for the new carpet. Little did I know that after almost 3 solid months – that’s 12 weeks – I still can’t quite see that light at the end of the tunnel. On the bright side, we got our baseboards delivered this week and Bran and I have started working on that project together when time permits. We have two walls done so far after working for a total of about two hours between two different days. So what does that tell you? We still have 5 bedrooms, the living room, kitchen, dining room and 2 halls…with that math that’s still about 40 days of working on just baseboards…and that doesn’t include sealing them or painting them! Holy kaka. Hmmm… Oh, I also did get the first coat of paint on the two halls (didn’t realize they were so long till I painted them) and in the girl’s room – yay! I sure do love fresh paint…it just looks so nice and clean.
So anyways, after all this discouragement, I went outside to think (and to get out of the heat). I swaddled Kammie (she still loves it) and took her with me and walked her around so she could fall asleep for the night. And guess what I heard? I heard nothing. God’s beautiful creation was surrounding me. I looked one way and saw the silhouette of the trees against the night sky. I looked the other way and saw the beautiful glow of the city lights. I looked up and saw the flicker of a million tiny stars. Then I thanked God for how blessed I was. Holding my baby in this beautiful surrounding is just exactly where I want to be.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

5 comments:
That sounds awesome (I love your last paragraph), sometimes we just need to take a deep breath and really look around. Don't get too discouraged (1st paragraph), it will all come together - no matter how long it takes.
at a girlie...sharing your realization moment w/ us....awesome. Cool balance of overwhelmed and then peace. I chose to concentrate on the peace.
Yes, you have an incredible project in front of you, but you are able to ground yourself with the realization of the bigger picture. Did you see me over in the corner of your eye? That's me jumping up and down cheering you on. You can do it....and it will be amazing!
That is so beautiful that there IS still peace around you in the midst of the chaos.
Cute slideshow!
Post a Comment