Tuesday, September 05, 2006

5 Months...and a Little Song and Dance

Favorite Mommy Moments In no particular order:

Being Pregnant
First smile
First Laugh
Going #1 on the potty
Going #2 on the potty
Snuggling
Hearing the words: “I-you, Mommy” (translated as: I love you, Mommy)
Sleeping through the night (translated as: 12 hours straight)
First Birthday
Nursing
Weaning

Okay so Kammie girl just turned 5 months…5 months! How is it that the time goes so quickly? I still remember her birth so vividly. I can’t believe that only 4 more weeks and I will have been cuddling her for 6 whole months. Okay, I could go on and on with these silly figures. I’ll stop. Anyways, Kamryn is just the happiest little girl. She is so different than Raegann. Not that Rae wasn’t happy. She was just serious. She always had a knitted brow and was so focused on what she was doing that half the time she didn’t smile. But Kammie on the other hand, her whole goal in life is to get your attention so you look at her. She’d give anyone on the street walking by a wide-mouthed smile from ear to ear. And if they give her their attention, she squirms and wiggles, kicks her feet and pretty much acts as though she could pop. She is so fun.

She also thinks Raegann is the funniest thing to hit the earth. She stares at her all day and watches every move she makes. If anything is even remotely silly, off into hysterics she goes, and then there I go, since she makes it so darn contagious.

She is sitting balancing on her hands for support now. This probably lasts about 1-2 minutes before she topples over and splats on her face, so I can’t leave her yet. And she is trying to crawl so hard. Today she was grunting and screaming while trying to get to a rag she desperately wanted. This time she pushed herself up and instead of forward, she went back. Oh, the poor thing didn’t know what to do then!

I made a batch of brownies yesterday. Just imagine the sweet, rich aroma of brownies in the oven. Oh, one of my favorite treats. Once that timer does its little song and dance, I pull the brownies out and they don’t stay in the pan long. I quickly move them to a plate or Tupperware container while sampling the gooey treats. But their life there is all too short. I think I consume them more quickly than the time it takes them to go from batter to brownies. I am a machine. I might be exaggerating…just a little. But I do love my devilish chocolate treats. And so does my husband. It reminds me of the time when I freshly made an irresistible batch, full of chocolate chunks. Dessert was served. Brandon grabbed his plate and stopped at the fridge to fill himself a tall glass of cold milk before heading to the living room to indulge. He sat down, took a big sticky bite, and then washed it down with a big swig of milk. Mmmm, cough…cough, wait! He suddenly jumped up, ran to the sink and spit his mouthful out. The milk was sour. What could possibly be worse? Ug, even the smell just makes you want to gag. So why is it that I find the smell of sour milk pleasantly sweet when it is on the breath of my gummy, grinning baby girl? So the story really goes nowhere. I was just thinking about how I hadn’t started my diet YET, and I keep giving in to my cravings and temptations. But I did, however, start a step aerobics class tonight. It is through the community college. Twice a week through December. I am so excited, and I’m hoping this will give me the motivation I’ve been needing to actually start eating better. I AM going to get in shape. I AM going to loose this baby fat. I AM going to start feeling better about myself. Starting now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be too hard on yourself...you still look great. I don't know where time goes. I'm can't believe only ~7wks until I get to snuggle and have some favortie "mommy" moments:)

heidi said...

okay, you described those brownies way too well. my mouth is literally watering. i'm holding off on sweets till sunday because it's jessica's birthday and chris always makes the yummiest cheesecake. i absolutely HATE watching what i eat! it's just not natural!!

Anonymous said...

i loved your blog...best ever. you should of told me about your step class, i would of joined you!! i hope you plan on bringing brownies thursday!

Shannon said...

You are a beautiful woman, you deserve to love yourself. :0)