Kamryn had her 6 month check up on Tuesday…and here are the stats:
Weight: 13 lbs 2 oz – 10th percentile
Height: 26 inches – 50th percentile
So, just as I thought, she’s my little mini. But it’s in the genes cause Raegann was exactly the same way. I think it may actually be time to put her in 3-6 month clothes!!! I love our pediatrician; he is so great and couldn’t stop praising me for doing everything right – yay me!
Raegann started getting sick yesterday afternoon and had the worst night’s sleep ever! Today she has red, watery eyes and her nose is leaking like a sieve (sp?). I fed her yogurt with her breakfast and orange slices with her lunch. I want to kick this thing fast…she has a date with her boyfriend, Ethan, on Friday (with both their grammies) to go to Sea World!
Update on the house: we put up the baseboards in both halls and living rooms! And I finished plastering the ceilings in both rooms, and now they are ready to be painted. Yay, a little progress! We have a big incentive now that colder weather is kicking in…cement floors are freezing! We NEED carpet!!!
I told ya all that I was weaning Kammie of being swaddled a while ago, remember? Well the reason for this was because she had been waking up a ridiculous amount of times every night, so I was looking for a solution. Well, I have her weaned, however, it didn’t solve any of her night-waking issues. I felt like she was waking sooo much, although I couldn’t remember how many times by morning. So finally on Wednesday of last week I decided to put a pen and paper by my bed and write down what time it was every time she woke. Are you ready for this? Nine times. Nine. Yes, NINE! So I thought, this is ridiculous and I really need to put an end to the chaos. So I dusted off my “Secrets of the Baby Whisperer” book and re-read the chapter on sleep. I started hard-core the very next day and the progression went like this:
Thursday: 6 times
Friday: 2 times
Saturday: 1 time (for a whole hour)
Sunday: 1 time (for an hour)
Monday: 1 time (for 45 min)
Tuesday: 1 time (for 30 min)
So, it’s actually working! I can live with waking up once. So the secret is of course things I already knew…put her to bed awake – don’t hold her and rock her to sleep, when she wakes up don’t give her back her binky since she’ll only become dependant on it to sleep, giving it to her to help her fall asleep is fine but she cannot become dependant on it to stay asleep. I am so happy that I can see dreamland at the end of this tunnel!
I made a new chocolate chip cookie recipe this week. It is soooo good! Next time you want to make cookies, you have got to try this. Brandon even loved them and he is a hard-core Tollhouse lover. You basically just make a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe, but add one small box of instant pudding mix when you cream your butter and sugars. Adds a little extra flavor and keeps them soft and ooey gooey delicious! Click HERE for the recipe. Enjoy! I think I might have to make them again tomorrow!
6 comments:
You crack me up!! Ever since I've known you (I won't date myself how long that is cause it'd make us look old), you have LOVED your sweets. Ok, just a question.... What kind of food does Zandra make that is not dessert????
Mmm Cookies.
Good on you about going hard core Whisperer style! She's the best (for me at least).
i miss you and your girls...will there be coffee on tuesday? will you bring your super duper delicious cookies? oh, and hooray for baseboards!
Go hard core whisperer go!
Tell everybody it works!
hey, I am a major tollhouse cookie girl too....maybe I will just separte the amout of cookies I am making and add the pudding mix to it? Will that work?
Those cookies sound real good! And yes you do need rug...or slippers as I know they help me, you know the boot type of slipper that's really thick? ya those ones.
J~ Upon further review of the recipe (sounds techie, hu) I realized that you have to cut down on the white sugar to compensate for the pudding. And I'm not sure of the ratio...sorry.
Post a Comment