Sunday, November 05, 2006

Answer...

The Guest Room: Cranberry Splash - 5 Coats of Paint! ...and I was seriously considering throwing on one more, but decided that it probably looks just fine.
And here is a pic of the Master Bedroom. The color here is called Pollen Grains. Kind of looks more bright yellow in the picture than it actually is. It is more of a wheaty muted yellow in person. I have to say that I am very very pleased with the colors and how all the rooms turned out. The baseboards were sure a pain in the behind, but they look absolutely great! For a couple of ametuers, we did a really good job! But man am I beat now! I worked on the house till probably 2:00 am every night this past week, so I think I'm definitely ready for a break, although we do still need to move in now. But the carpet is here and in!!! It is absolutely beautiful...I feel like it's a totally different house! When we were finally able to come home at 8:30 Thursday night, it felt like Christmas morning! It was amazing! We had to walk through each room like it was the first time we had seen the house. And the girls just LOVE it! Raegann had to jump up and down and lay down in each room and now Kamryn is crawling all over it. It's so cute cause every so often while she's crawling, she'll just stop and lay her head down like she's saying "oh, this is so nice!" And a BED, I slept in a real bed for the first time since July! I made sure Bran set up our bed that night. So yes, now we have to move in. But I don't mind if we take our time and do it slow. I want to make sure we do it right and I don't want to just throw everything in the house now. We did move in a few big furniture items, and all day Friday was spent vacuuming and removing blue painter's tape. It took at least 5 vacuume bags full to suck up all the loose carpet pieces from having it cut and installed. And I love the color...it goes with everything, and it's a little darker so hopefully it will hide any stains better.
Oh! And before I forget...Kamryn is 7 months old already! Here is a pic of her crawling on the new carpet! She is just as cute and fun as can be. I love taking her places because I know that she has a contagious smile and I feel everyone smiling around me. She is crawling like crazy and getting into everything, I really have to keep my eye on this one. And she also pulls herself up to stand using anything in sight...she even just used the wall the other day! I'm sure once we move all the furniture in she'll be cruising in no time! And she also has started saying mama...mamamamama...mama all the time and is happily sqealing like crazy. I love this girl!

6 comments:

Meredith said...

yay!yay!yay! I am so excited and happy for you that I don't know how to blog the huge grin on my face for you.=)
Only move the stuff you need in the order that you need it.

Talk of the Town said...

Oh no! Five coats!? And I said 2 - 3!!!

Kamryn is so cute, and I love the colors.

Jennifer said...

hm which is better...love of house...love of carpet ...love of girl?...I know my answer.....happy happy joy joy to you all!

Z-Mama said...

Thanks, girls! I feel almost as if we are all on this celebratory coffee date together!

L&D said...

You're doing so good. That house is going to look AMAZING when it's all done. I am so excited for you. Wish I could be there to help you paint those walls.........
Ok, not really. Not so big on the painting. But I'm thinkin' of you lots!

Shannon said...

meep meep. what a tiny tiny cutie.