skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Home Sweet Home
It has never felt so nice to come home as it did for us today. The only problem is we don't have water and the inside of the house is such a mess that we really can't stay. We can come home and do clean up here and there but no water = no shower, toilets, and little cooking. We can't even hit fast food restaurants since they also don't have water. It may take a while to get back to normal life as we like it. I feel so incredibly blessed, however. On our drive home we could see just how close the fires came to our home. Within a half mile, I'd say. All around and right up to several homes just down the street from us, but it looks like the firefighters did one heck of a job keeping our street and neighborhood from igniting! Thank the Lord!
4 comments:
Wow, what a blessing! I'm so glad that everyone is safe and sound!!
Oh my Z-Mama, everytime I'm at work and see the fires on tv and talk to customers from your area I am reminded of you and your family. I have put out a couple of prayers now and then too. I'm glad God is so good and that He is protecting you. Especially, after all that work you put into your new home and everything, but I'm sure there were some homes that were hit that had the same amount of work put into them, so sad :( I can't imagine what you're going through out there. Scary times!!!
Oh how wonderful that you can return home to a house intact. I thought of you and all the hard work you've put into your home the last 2 years and thought I'd be such a shame if it was all destroyed. Praise God for his goodness!
Blessing indeed.
Is the smell of soot or smoke really bad in your stuff?
Post a Comment