So, I actually started writing this post over a week ago! I have been so bad with the bloggage lately...sorry! I know it's frustrating when there are no updates. Anyways, I had my "rehearsal birth" last night. This is where my Midwife, Diane, comes to my house and everyone who I want at the birth comes too. Then we do a trial run of what's kinda gonna happen when I actually do go into labor. I gave everyone a job for the big day. Pretty much the same jobs as for Rae and Kam's births...Bran to hold my hand, Grama's taking turns holding my feet through contractions, Kerri and Lianne taking turns with a cool cloth on my head and giving me water and also to take turns snapping photos, Uncle RyRy to watch the girls if need-be, Jessica to push on my lower back during contractions and then massage in between, Papa Bob to be a runner for anything that may come up that we need, Uncle Shaw will be in charge of food and drinks for everyone (cause we can't do anything without food - even a birth!), Sara to video, and if anyone else can make it (Nikki or Kelly) to snap more pics. So we got that covered. Then Diane gave us a refresher on how it would go once I start pushing...Bran will move to front & center beside Diane, Diane will deliver her head and then move over a little and Bran will deliver the rest of her little body and then place her on my tummy. So, everyone's ready and knows their places and what to do and what to expect.
I am officially feeling huge. I might admit that I could possibly be 37 weeks...but I should stick to 36 weeks, though, since my babies usually come late anyways (and then I won't have so many people asking where the baby is when she hasn't arrived by 40 weeks). According to when I ovulated, I am actually due March 2nd, which is a whole 6 days before the due date if you go by the date of my last period. Both Rae and Kams were born on a Monday, so I'm guessing her to arrive on March 10th, 8 days past my earliest due date. But of course, as always, it's anyones guess! I feel like Evie is so big and that I wouldn't even feel like she was early if she was born now! I have had a horrible aching back for nearly two or three weeks now, which I think was triggered by a 4 hour car ride to a funeral and a 4 hour car ride home. Then, last week I had a cough attack which resulted in my feeling like I fractured a rib. I couldn't sleep all night tossing and turning and just couldn't get comfortable. Then the next afternoon I just laid on the couch with a heating pad on my side and continued the treatment on into bed. The next morning I woke up feeling like I was healed miraculously! Praise the Lord! I didn't know if I would be able to bear the pain in my rib while pushing a little human out.
I used to wonder why women would wish their pregnancy to be over since I've always enjoyed being pregnant so much. But, now I understand. At least with this pregnancy it's different...I've felt more aches and pains this time around than with the first two and now that I'm toward the end I just can't picture carrying this little human inside me for another 4-6 weeks. On Saturday we had a work party and worked on some things that needed to be done. The guys did some construction type stuff outside and the girls did massive cleaning inside. Doesn't that count as nesting? I still need to finish Rae's move into Kam's room and then get that room transformed into the nursury. That should take me, what, two days? Then everything else is ready for her. Can I trick myself into starting labor??? Ah, well, I guess it would all be in vain...she's gonna just come when she's ready.
A few pics:
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago




5 comments:
Oh my gosh, I can't wait!!
I think it is interesting how some people prefer to have many witnesses to their births and some (me) want the bare minimum. When Garrett was born I had Troy standing beside me, a midwife removing the baby, a nurse standing on my other side and, at the very end, a pediatric nurse came in and stood in the corner. I wonder what kind of personality traits dictate such desires. It would be an interesting study.
I grilled Sara the other night. Wanted to know what you REALLY do during labor. I was sure there was cussing and screaming and pulling Brandon's hair involved. But she was so sweet to you, she said you're a trooper and just squint and go 'oh' in a quiet voice. WHATEVER!!!! You go girl, you are a rock!!!!! :o) Can't wait to see pics. You and Carrie look so cute.
Oh wow! You have so much birthing help, that's awesome! and I don't know if I've mentioned it yet, but I LOVE your sidebar photos, just seeing the transformation and growth is GREAT! Can't wait to see the little one~
time for daily updates!!!
soooo exciting.
Post a Comment