To add to the craziness and the stress, we had another fire yesterday. This time it was in our backyard which it traveled up a neighboring creek bed and finally jumped into our yard. When I saw the smoke, there was nothing I could do but grab the girls and dog and jump in the van to get off the property. Luckily my MIL Jan was close and headed over and Bran loaded up Kerri's dogs and our cat into Jan's car. Oh, they also grabbed the computers. I didn't know for several hours if we still had a house or not. The fire came within 100 yards of the house and burned brush up to the backside of our pool. We have fire retardant all over our patio and the roof of the house. The house smells smoky, but at least we were able to come back to our home.
Needless to say, I didn't make it down to get Evie weighed again yesterday. I'm hoping to squeeze that in today.
Oh, and I would post some pics, but my computer hardrive is apparently full and I can't even download any of them off my camera.
*Sigh*
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

7 comments:
That is SO scary! I don't know how you manage dealing with this so frequently.
YIPE! I'm certainly glad you're all okay.
Oh, girl, you are having such a hard time lately. I'll double my prayers for you. Thank goodness the fire didn't get to your house. You'll have to give me more details when you get a chance.
Love you and thinking of you,
Jennifer
I have to admit being called on the phone at the restaruant did get our hearts pumping. Kerri & I drove like crazy to the area, but couldn't get through due to road closure. I saw how close it came to your house. Luckily retardant damage is all that happened to your house. Glad that your back home safely.
:)
TRISHA
eek! there's a lot going on in your life hey? I'm glad you are all safe and were able to get back into your home. wowzers!
Catching up after a few days and would just like to say... I think you deserve a break. I can't beleive the payment thing, I really would think they would have mentioned it when you were giving the Doc. permission. In any case I am glad to hear that you are safe and that Evie is adjusting to her new tongue. :)
Just seems to be one thing after another for you right now. I'm sure glad to hear you guys and your house is ok. Hang in there!
Post a Comment