Hi.
My girlfriend Sara and I did a wedding cake last weekend, and I think it turned out beautiful! They ordered 150 mini cakes for the favors which they put in little white boxes imprinted with their names and wedding date and set on each place setting. Then they had a devil's chocolate sheet cake with amaretto chocolate mousse and raspberry sauce filling (my personal fav). And finally for the wedding cake they had a three tiered cake (top and bottom tier vanilla cake filled with white chocolate cream cheese and fresh strawberries and the middle tier carrot cake filled with white chocolate cream cheese) covered in a cream/light tan colored rolled fondant and we painted gold colored decorating dust up around the base of each tier. It was topped with deep red/burgundy gerbera daisies and decorative fake raspberries flowing down the tiers and accented with a few sprays of onion grass here and there and a couple twisty "twigs" coming from the top through the cender of the flowers. I liked how it turned out and I hope they were happy as well. I wish I could post a picture...hopefully soon I'll have that problem resolved. We have another wedding cake to do next weekend as well!
The girls started Cubbies last night and had an absolute blast! There were 30 kids and every one of them showed up so it was a little overwhelming, but we did it! The kids are split into 4 groups and each group has two leaders. This year Raeg and Kams are in the same group but not with me. Rae had a bit of a hard time with this at first, crying hysterically right when it was story time - a little embarrasing. But was able to pull herself together when she saw that story time was being done with a puppet! After story time I told her that if she was a big girl and listened to her leader and stayed with her group, she would get a treat when we got home. She got a little half-smirk and agreed but solong as she could come and get a reassuring hug from time to time. Kammie had absolutely no problem and probably could have cared less if I was there or not! She definitally fits right in even though she's at least six months younger than the rest of the kids! She was so proud to finnally BE a cubbie and get her very own vest and everything instead of just tagging along. I am so proud of both of my angels. And of Evie too...Bran said that she was just a dream the entire time I was gone; and I was happy to return home to her sound asleep in her crib!
Evie is now tipping the scales at 11 lbs...! And she is also a bonafide crawler. I have to really baby proof the floors now since I am finding her all over the place in only a matter of minutes! What I worry about is the girls leaving little toys or pieces of their chalk from their board. I just have to be extra careful!
I guess that's all for now...Evie's six month pics below...
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

3 comments:
I'd love to see pictures of the cakes when and if you get them.
LOVE Evie's 6 month pics...such a cutie!!
She is so darling- all your girls are darling. You're going to have to teach me how to use those templates- it didn't work for me when I tried!
I can't believe she's 6 months old already!!! Wow time flys.
"treat" haha that's what I promise my kitties when they're good...I think it works great! haha I'm glad she was able to be a big girl..I would have wanted hugs too.
I can't wait to see pictures of the cakes too...you had my mouth watering. Don't do that to me! I'm so hungry right now, but I should really be sleeping, perhaps I'll go back to bed. (I slept from 11:30pm to 2:30am and now here it's: 4:22am. I can only sleep for maximum of 3 hours at a time, if I sleep before 1am. It's strange I know!)
nice blog shades, love the colorings...
Post a Comment