Sunday, November 30, 2008

So Blessed

Today is the last day of NaBloPoMo...phew! This truly was a challenge. It was nice to post regularly, but at the same time it was sooo hard to remember to stop and put at least something up.

Today we had Evie dedicated. Our church (of Baptist denomination) believes in dedicating your children to the Lord. We do not do infant baptism for several reasons. First, there are no clear incidents of infant baptism in Scripture. Baptism seems, instead to be an evidence of Christian faith. Additionally, while some groups suggest that baptism imparts a special grace to children, there is no real scriptural support for this. Finally, in our society, often adults who were baptized as children desire to be baptized again as an expression of their decision to receive Christ as their Savior and Lord. Anyways, the dedication is a promise made before God and the Church to care for this child as though it was God's child. A promise from us, as parents, as well as from the church body, to bring that child up in God's word and bringing that child up to know God.

It was very special because Kerri and Marshall also had Luke dedicated and we were the only two families this time. All of our families were there and were taking pictures, and at the end we were presented with a beautiful children's storybook bible.

After the church service we ALL went out to lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant in town, known by some as "The Barn"...mmm...NOT good for my diet! I had a chicken taco and a cheese enchilada. Yeah, an entire plate with rice and beans...what was I thinking!?

I would post pictures, but I cannot find my camera. I am afraid I left it at the restaurant. I will be calling them first thing tomorrow.

I can't believe tomorrow is DECEMBER!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Church service was nice yesterday! David and I were saying that when we move back up there we'd like to start going. And the food was yummy! Haven't had the barn in a year and boy did I miss it! See ya friday! xoxo

heidi said...

so sad i was at first service and missed seeing you all up at the front. hope you find your camera soon.....i've been saying "i cant believe its december" all day today!

Demara said...

yikes! you left your camera at the restaurant?!?!?! eek!