Sunday, January 04, 2009

Can't Remember

I can't remember if I shared these pics or not, but they are pretty neat...

Can you see that dark mass in the tree?



What about now? Its about the size of a football.



A zillion bees! They were migrating and stopped to sleep in one of our front trees. They are piled one atop of another so just imagine how many bees that means! This was about 9 am one morning in mid-October. When I checked on them a couple hours later, they were gone...absolutely no sign of them! It was pretty neat. And I don't know if you all know this already, but we are in a honey bee crisis. They are dying for unexplained reasons and so much of our agricultural needs depends on these little guys. Make sure you help by planting pollinating flowers to help keep the bees healthy! I'm already planning my spring garden!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I would f-r-e-a-k if I saw that. still cool though.

Unknown said...

Cool picture! Bees are fascinating.

Demara said...

haha it's funny you'd mention this when i just did some artwork the other day while i thought about this very issue. i called the piece: "Future Endeavors" (it's on my artwork page). Did you see it? I hope that i too can one day plant pollinating flowers, in a future yard of our own!

Jennifer said...

woooow!