I felt that I had nothing to write about since my life is so boring, but then I remembered that I am 12 weeks pregnant today! What does that mean? Well, I am now officially done with my 1st trimester! Usually in the 2nd you get a burst of energy and morning sickness fades...hopefully both will be true in my case! As for the little baby...it is now 2 whole inches in length and weighs in at 1/2 of an ounce (anyone know what that's comparable to?). The baby is now "practicing" using its miniature digestive tract.
I went in for my glucose test on monday morning. I hate that test. It's really not all that bad, just a pain in the behind. You have to drink this nasty drink and you only have a few minutes to down the whole bottle. Then you have to just sit there for a whole hour. You can't leave and come back. Just sit. At least I knew this from last time, so I brought the new book I am reading, "Mother's Intention". Then you go in to the lab and get a little blood drawn and you are free to go. They said the results should be back within 24 hours, but I haven't received a call yet from the doctor. Hopefully tomorrow. And prayerfully normal.
I've lost another pound. Now a grand total of 10.5 pounds.
At the very beginning of my pregnancy I mentioned that I am not 100% comfortable with my doctor because there is a slim chance that she will actually be the one attending my birth. This has been weighing heavily on my mind. And I have had many sleepless nights. And lots of crazy dreams. I have been considering many other options from hiring a Doula (which I had at my first birth), to birthing at a Birthing Center (attended by a Midwife but backed up by a hospital), to having a homebirth with a Certified Midwife. Well, Brandon and I have both been praying for quite a while now, and most of the paths seem to be leading us toward a homebirth. I also was directed toward the purchase of the book I am reading now, which I mentioned above. This book really makes me feel confident in the decision that I am leaning toward. It is chock (?) full of all kinds of research data and statistics that a homebirth is actually safer than a hospital birth. I can't even believe what kind of peacefulness I have been feeling about this lately. Now I just have to find a Midwife. I have one in mind but I still need to make the call...
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

1 comment:
I hope you gain an upwards of 70lbs. =)
Post a Comment