Thursday, August 10, 2006

Birthdays...and Other Wonderful Things...

Right now I have mastered a fine art...I hope this isn't TMI, but I've learned to nurse Kamryn and blog at the same time. Wow...that just shows what an addict I am. Anyhow, I promised to post pictures from my birthday, so there are a few below. Also my brother turned 25 two weeks before my birthday, so I thought I'd post a picture from then too. And yesterday was my father-in-laws birthday, which we are celebrating tonight. And a couple others...Happy Birthday to my Aunt Janette and my kinda sis-in-law Robin who birthdays are tomorrow. Phew! I didn't realize there were so many in August!

I also thought I'd do a little update on the house. For the past 3 weeks we decided to take our focus off painting and concentrate on cleaning and sanitizing the bathroom and kitchen so we could at least stay here. So, with the help of a couple cleaning experts (my mom-in-law and Judy), the bathroom and kitchen are spotless! Yay! So we threw a blow-up matress on the living room floor, set up the Pack 'n Play for Rae, and the cradle for Kam and we are now sleeping, eating, and living here! It is still roughing it, but at least we're here. Judy estimated that we probably have another 2 months to go till we have finished doing everything we want to do...oh me oh my! But today I have started the preps for painting again. Hopefully tomorrow I can work on the hallway or on the girls room. I also picked out baseboards at HomeDepot so Brandon can start installing those where I've already painted. Work, work, and more work! Will it ever end? I sure can't wait for that day where we can really move in and feel at home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Judy is awesome. How exciting that you are staying at the house now!

Meredith said...

I have been known to nurse Michael and MSN chat with someone. But he's too big for that now.
Congrats on staying in your house and I wishing you much luck in turning it into your home. :)