Monday, August 14, 2006

Little Kammie May

Last week Kamryn went in for her 4 month well-check. She is a tiny little thing, just like Raegann was. Here are the stats:
Height: 23.5" (25th percentile)
Weight: 12.25 lbs (25th percentile)

Ever heard of the "Two Times Two Method?" It is a child height calculator that estimates your child's future height by just doubling your child's height at age two. I am curious about how tall Raegann might be since she has always been so petite seeming. Well she measured in at 34.25" at her 2 year well-check in June. By following the simple rules, her height would be 5' 8.5" right? And then, yay, I passed on the tall gene! But according to this website calculator, she comes in at 5'5". With Brandon being 5'10" (not so tall) and me being 5'9" (slightly tall) I have really no clue as to where she'll fall. So, I guess perhaps you really can't predict the final height of your child. But in the meantime, it is still fun to guess! Here's the link if you'd like to try: http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/usefultools/l/bl_htcalc.htm

On to other baby news...Kammie has perfected the art of the raspberry. She is quite proud of the fact that she can spit all over mommy's face. She also can inch forward while on her tummy...she's almost on the move! I can't believe my baby is growing so fast!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I'm a bit confused...when I read your blog just know the template was quite different than the one I see now. I was going to say nice new layout and then poof it wasn't there. I guess it's a work in progress. In any case it's cool!