I think I promised a post updating the progress on the house. Well, here it is: slow. Yup, progress is still slow. We still haven't gotten any more basebords up even! But I did do some painting a couple weeks ago. On the left is a pic comparing the before and after of the main hallway. Still need to finish taking down that pesky blue tape. The color is called Sienna Buff.
Next is a pic of the play room before and after. I decided to keep it the same colors since I thought it was good kid colors for just a play room. Since every room had cat pee in it, though, we had to paint kilz on the bottom half of every wall. So I just re-painted the bottom with a fresh coat of blue. And now we are using this room for our work room to store all the supplies. Raegann kept getting into them and spreading them all over the house so we finally decided to put them all together in one room. No more tripping over paint brushes and screwdrivers in the middle of the night.
Above is a 3-stage pic of the girl's room. The first is with all the junk still inside, which we had to move and haul out. The second is when the room is finally bare (including carpet and baseboards). And the third is the final paint job. All pics are of the same corner in the room. Two walls are the light blue and two are the medium blue. I love love love how these colors turned out. These blues have such a calming feel.
I decided to go with white on the trim and door and closet and cabinets (which you can see at the left) and I am very happy with how it turned out. Also, Raegann and I stamped our handprints on the floor with paint when we were finished. The end (for now).
2 comments:
looking beautiful!!!
mmmmm blue...what a heavenly colour!
Post a Comment