I hate pumping milk. 4 oz in half an hour? Not much, hu? I have two full, hugely engorged jugs every morning. This morning I fed one to Kamryn and the other I am torturing myself with trying to pump. For some reason I just am not a good pumper. Or maybe I don’t have a good pump. Whatever the case, I hate it. I get clogged ducts when I do it too. But if I want to go to the Dwight Yokam concert this Thursday night, then I have to pump. I have one can of formula for emergency, but I’d rather not have to use it. So by the time Thursday comes, I should have 12 oz saved up. That should be enough for two 6 oz feedings and I think that’s all she’ll need. Hmmm. Groan. But that also means I still have to pump for the next two mornings...yuck.
I am currently listening to the following conversation in the background:
“Hi maumy.”
“Hi.”
“Let’s doe, maumy.”
“Noooo”
“Tome on, let’s doe o’er dere.”
“Otay, let’s doe…yaaay.” and they walk away…
This is the conversation Raegann is giving between a toothbrush and a crayon. She has quite the imagination.
Kamryn has become attached to mommy lately. She reaches for me and cries when someone else holds her. She fusses when I put her down. She fussed when I put her in the swing to watch me make breakfast. So sweet on one hand, but frustrating on the other since I have a hard time doing anything with an infant in my arms and a toddler still attached to my leg.
I have a few posts I have stored up in my mind that I would like to write over the next week or so. I am telling you readers out there so you can remind me if I forget:
House pictures & update
The Fame of a Friend
My Dog
Well, I better go. My mom is on her way over to spend her day off with me. We might start planting my flower beds. My mom is the best. She comes over almost every morning for one or two hours before she has to go to work to help me out and to spend some time with her granddaughters. What would I do without her? We would all be in our PJ’s all day eating poptarts for breakfast with greasy hair. Yup, that’s how it would be.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

2 comments:
awwwe.
I am a champion pumper the first month or so, but I share the same frustrations in getting piddly squat when I try later. The avent (hand) pump is probably the best affordable pump out there. Some people with costly electric pumps have told me the avent is still better.
Hope you enjoy the concert! will the wee girly take a bottle even? B wont take one.
mmm pumping...in the hospital with premature Carmyn they made us do it with electric ones which 'worked'.
I never got the hang of doing it with a manual pump...or by hand....my mom was the champ hand expresser though...good luck with that...I could never keep it in the bowl...maybe it helps to have size ginormous boobs?
I was kissed at dinner by a noodle repeatedly...and loved it. (but had to keep a straight face as I just couldn't condone the playing with food thing)
Happy concert!!!!
Post a Comment