Tuesday, April 17, 2007

This and That

Brandon had baseball tonight, so I took the time to catch up on ALL my blogs and I even tried to comment a few times...phew, that was a lot of work! And then I even updated my side bar. Now I'm gonna attempt to create a worthwhile post...

Rae had a fever on Sunday and was feeling pretty yucka. Then Bran had a bout of the flu all day yesterday. Kamryn and I have seemed to remain healthy, so hopefully it'll stay that way. I missed one day of Nanny-ing since everyone was sick. Kinda a bummer since I just had my first pay-day! It sure was nice to reap that reward!

I've been working to go through the girls clothes. It is an absolute bomb in Kamryn's room right now. I have been sorting out some of the smaller stuff that I need to just kiss goodbye and pack away. It makes me so sad since I am so fond of some of those outfits! But it will be so nice when their clothes actually fit in their closets and drawers. Believe it or not, I am just packing away 3-6 month clothes of Kam's. She fits well into her 6-9 month clothes and she just swims in the 12 m clothes she just got for her birthday. Hopefully she'll be able to wear them before summer is through. Raegann must have had a growth spurt somewhere between 12-24 m because I don't remember her being totally tiny by the time she was 2 at least, and she must have just recently gone through another. She is definitely too tall for 2T anymore and even sometimes fits into 4T. I also recently started putting away some of my own clothing boxes and now my closet is looking more complete. It was so fun to see all the clothes I had forgotten about. Too bad I am still too eff a tee to fit into those ones. But I guess I'm coming along. I am down to my lowest post birth weight this week. 7 more lbs till my first goal...15 till my second and final goal. I can do it, right?

Some other stuff that bugs me is I still have blue tape on some of my walls. Can't I at least get just one task completed!?! Rrrr...I guess I need to make a to-do list. It would go something like this:
peel off tape
put together 2007 files
organize office
do 2006 taxes
put away clutter in kitchen
organize guest room
throw away junk in bedroom
rearrange front living room

Oh, yeah...we lost our tortoise. He got out and a neighbor about a half mile away got him and turned him in to the tortoise rescue. We got him back only to find out that he was a she and was 15 years old and 60 lbs. A couple days later she got out again and ended up at the same neighbor's house. They called us this time knowing that she belonged to us. Then she got out again about 2 weeks ago and is yet to be found. Our yard is totally fenced in (with hog wire) and she just pushes right through. You'd think she'd have enough room to roam here...ah well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for catching us up! Hope everyone stays healthy.

Hotshot's Wife said...

I've wondered how things were. I kept checking your blog, but hadn't found a new post. The today I found it!!
Happy cleaning closets....

Fiona said...

Hi,

I am the blog stalking younger sister of the one you call "Blog Time!"
I just wanted to come out of the closet to tell you I am sorry you have lost your tortoise, and I am still jealous that you even had a tortoise in the first place.

Shannon said...

poor crush!

nice to see an update. Organizing clothes is so hard. Especially trying to decide if you are going to keep the stuff that is too small for the never ending "what if I have another"

Jennifer said...

when in doubt get rid of it all...I love a good purge.

Yes, you can do it!

Oh and I love to do lists too...but ones ususally to be given to hubby.

Anonymous said...

i'll help you take down your blue tape if you help me take down mine. i think it actually might be growing on me though!!

L&D said...

RIP tortoise. Hopefully you are still alive and kickin' somewhere out there.