Hello everyone. Hello? Hellllloooo....? Anyone there? Oh, no! I think I've lost all my readers...what o what shall I do? Hmmm...is it possible that I could have a comeback? Well, at least I'll try.
So tonight Bran went out to do guy things and I was going to be home alone with the girls. I got a very generous offer to have dinner at one of my girlfriend's homes, which was then quickly followed by another generous offer to venture out with my in-laws to one of our many local casinos to enjoy dinner at one of their many restaurants. I choose the latter since my MIL is going to be on vacation a lot over the next few months and thought that going out sounded like a swell plan. So, we all piled into their yukon: MIL, FIL, Kerri, Marshall, me, and the girls in their carseats. Kamryn fussed slightly most of the way, and so I held her little hand to keep her quiet. When we arrived, we parked and walked to the front entrance.
The casino was loud and busy. People going in every direction, the chime of the slots, lights flashing, the smoke-filled air, and bright colorful carpet. Raegann clung tight to my MIL and kept saying in her ear that it was too loud. Kamryn on the other hand saw the lights and heard all the noises and she thought we'd brought her to the circus. Her eyes widened and she kept squealing with delight. She flirted with every stranger we passed, which is a whole new experience for me since naturally I am quite reserved and keep to myself. I now find myself in the face of strangers chatting it up all because she has the notion that she might like to just say hi.
In the restaurant Kamryn won the hearts of all the hostesses. She even let them pick her up. When we got seated we all sat down - Raegann on Grammie's lap and Kamryn in a high chair. Raegann was quiet and content most of the time with only one occasion when she thought it was a good idea to just sit on the ground beside Grammie to color. Kamryn quickly got bored with us all sitting still at this much-quieter-than-the-casino place and began to let us all know by grunting, throwing her food, and letting out a growl-like scream. It was all I could do to remain calm. I know she was over-tired, because even though she is always a bit wild, she is still such a good girl and usually does very well in restaurants.
I eventually decided to take her back out to the waiting area so she could mingle a bit while we waited for our food. She headed straight out and had her eye on those blinking lights and magical sounds coming from the slot machine area. Since she is a "minor" I had to be sure that while I let her stroll around she did not go into the middle of the gaming area. It was hard work, but we paced around the outside perimeter of the gaming area and she continued to flirt with everyone in sight. We met and chatted with a few of the security guards and we even got to know some of the strangers that were just passing through. Half the time she could have cared less if I were there with her. She didn't even check to see if I was following her and she would have loved to have been let to head into the middle of the gaming area all on her own.
Once we left and got into the car she was out like a light. When we got home she didn't even flinch when I took her out of her carseat, changed her diaper, put her in her PJs, and put her to bed. Ugh, it was quite a stressful night for me to be out and about with my little social butterfly. I am sure ready to hit the sack myself!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

8 comments:
Michael is the saem, could careless if I'm there, as long as there are people to talk to.
Even witht he best of children dinning out is a challenge. You just have to keep doing it so they learn how to behave. And I rarely put mine in the chair before the food comes.
I'm still here, reading.
You didn't say what you ate and how the food was!! Fill me in.
You got sourdough rolls and Indian Fry bread when you first sat down...mmm soooo yummy. I got the Indian Fry Bread Taco and a cup of chicken tortilla soup, both were delicious!
You're starting your girls out early with the "gambling" scene.... Aren't you?? Which casino did you go to?? There are only like a millon of them anymore.
Yes, I check your blog often, but didn't have anything to post.
Lots of Love,
Trisha
funny how different personalities emerge so early. :) 'm still here too
I think it is funny when they walk on and on and never turn around to see if we are still there. they just assume.
glad fun was had by all. and yummy food. mmmmm
~Shannon
You are competing with facebook now....as we all are. My readership has dropped too. Sigh.
I miss your blogging Zandra.
If you're on facebook and ignoring us, then plbthbthh to you. If you're in a funk, I hope you feel better soon. If you're busy being a happy stay at home mom and just cannot imagine sitting to blog about your wonderful life- well I guess i can respect that. ;)
Post a Comment