I continued on with the new group of friends I had made on into high school. In our sophomore year our group expanded to include a few others, in particular that one nice girl from junior high. She happened to be cousins with one of the girls who I had become close to. This is when our friendship began to grow. We still weren't that close, just casual friends. We would all eat lunch together daily and she and her older sister, Jill, would always be at the center with their hysterically animated stories. I actually became very close with her older sister by the time I was a senior.
Although Jill had graduated, we managed to spend quite a bit of time together. By the time I graduated, her home had become my second home, and her family was my second family. Jill's sister, that nice, sweet girl, and I deepened our friendship as well. We all carpooled to the local junior college together and even went on a couple vacations all together. Eventually Jill met a boy and fell in love. And she focused her time with him and shortly after got married. Her sister and I then became ever-so-close and did everything together. We even worked together for a short time. It was then my turn to meet a boy. But I took my beloved friend with me when I was with him...she even went with us on our first date and met his family with me! Anyways, my girlfriend met a boy of her own and soon we grew apart. We still did a lot together, but not like before.
A few years down the road, my boy and I got married. And about a year later my girlfriend and I seemed to be spending more time together again. It just so happened that her relationship was failing and shortly thereafter she and her boyfriend parted ways. She desperately needed a shoulder to cry on and I was there for her. I even took her boyfriend's place in a trip with her and the family she nannied for to Hawaii. We had an absolute blast - having a girlfriend's trip was one of the most fun things I've ever done. We have so many wonderful memories! When we returned back to life at home, she suddenly had many boys interested in her. One of them was Brandon's brother and best friend, Marshall. Well, she had absolutely no interest in him and pretty much blew him off in her own little sweet way. Luckily since she and I were inseparable and since Brandon and Marshall were inseparable, they were forced to spend time together and he eventually won her over and they began dating. Then the two of them became inseparable and the four of us did everything together. She was now even at my side for every family function - how blessed did I feel!?!
Well, I'm sure you all are guessing where this story is going. Marshall proposed, and a few months later my best friend, Kerri, became my sister. This has truly been an act of God in my life. I swear I feel like she is my soul mate (sorry if you read this, KK, a little mushy, I know...). The girl is so great that she has so many of her own best friends (I think she had like ten or twelve bridesmaids...I can't even remember now! And we are all so lucky to have her!) We have so many similarities, and yet I love her because we are so very different. And just last year when Brandon and I bought our new home, Kerri and I added another facet to our relationship: neighbors. Actually we live on the same property. I can literally look out my sliding glass door and wave to her through her sliding glass door. Brandon is always making fun of me for still spending so much time on the phone to her when I could just walk down to her house and we could chat in person! But, hey we can talk and clean our houses at the same time!
Kerri was a bridesmaid for me in my wedding, she helped Brandon and I move in to our first home, she was at the hospital and in the room with me when I gave birth to Raegann, and she was at my bedside at home when I gave birth to Kamryn. We have been through so much together. I feel so blessed that my children can grow up calling my best friend "Aunt KK" and that in fact, she REALLY is their Aunt too! And yet, just recently another facet has developed in our relationship. For the first time in my life I am going to have the privilege of becoming an Aunt...and even better, the Aunt to a very special child. The child of my very own childhood best friend! I cannot even begin to express my joy! I have been so looking forward to this time in my and her life for so so so long! We are due only six weeks apart. The excitement I feel is just overflowing...I am almost more excited than I am for my very own pregnancy - almost! Now I am looking forward to watching this special time in her life: watching her body grow a baby, finding out the gender, seeing the precious bundle after it has been welcomed to this world into her loving arms, and watching her become a mother. I just cannot get over how much God chooses to bless us! Ahhhh!
Now, here's A LOT of pics of us through the years:
The End.







7 comments:
Ahhh! That's so sweet! What a blessing to have your bestest friend in the world become your sister-in-law~
WOW!!!
Z-Mama, I LOVE IT!
Who would have known that that sweet girl that befriended you all those many years ago would actually become family too?? That's truly a God blessing! AND NOW to be having your next generations together, to grow up beside eachother, as neighbors is even more of a blessing!!!
Lucky you!
(and thanks for the comments...and no, no results yet on the ultrasound, grrr, it's probably nothing since I got no phone call, right?)
Oh my gosh I'm crying at me desk right now! Zanda I'm so blessed to have YOU in my life! Who would of ever thought our lives would of turned out the way they have, friends, sisters, neighbors, Aunt's to one anothers children? Oh my gosh I can't stop crying......... anyways Zandra I Love you so so much and just Thank You for such a wonderful post. I think we truly have a Fairy Tale Friendship!
Kerri
That was/is an awesome story Zandra! Congratulations to both you (for being a new aunt) and to Kerri and Marshall.
oh my gosh i need some tissue! really i do!
oh zandra, thank you for sharing such an amazing story! and congrats to kerri and marshall!! i heard rumors, but wasn't sure... what a huge blessing to have in your life.
What a lovely tribute to your friend. This was a great read. And I just must say how FANTASTIC you look in those pics.
Post a Comment