Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Not Feeling So Hot

Seems we all have Gastroenteritis - aka the stomache flu - aka the runs and the pukes. Except little Kams (thank goodness), but especially poor Rae. I had a portrait session scheduled for Kammie's 18 month pictures, and since I was still feeling okay I decided to take her anyway. At the time I thought maybe Rae had the 24 hour flu since she seemed 100% better to both my mom and I so we all went. The pictures turned out phenominal, and I can't wait to share them when I get them next week! Then we went to lunch and Rae ate and was acting so happy and hyper and suddenly out of nowhere she threw up right in Pan.era! I offered to clean up for the people in there working, but they were all so nice and refused and instead brought Rae out a piece of toast and just wanted to make sure she felt alright. After realizing that I am an awful mommy, we went straight home and I called the pediatrics office just to see if I should take her in. But they said there wasn't much for them to do, but of course just for me to make sure that she is adequately hydrated. Since we've been home she has acted completely normal, trying to play and run and jump, etc. It is so hard to make your child rest when they think they feel fine! Meals for the next day or two will include: Ped.ialyte, Ped.ialyte Pops, sugar free Jello, white grape juice, bananas, applesauce, toast, rice, and chicken noodle soup. Yum.

On a bit brighter note, we get to find out Baby Jumping Jelly Bean's gender on SUNDAY!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Chastity said...

I hope you're all on the mend! Oh, and thanks for reminding me I need to have Lila's 18 month pics made!!