Saturday, November 17, 2007

24 Weeks

New pic in the sidebar! Right around 22 weeks is when I'd say I really "popped." I had my first stranger make a comment as to my being pregnant. At least now people must figure there's a good chance of me being preggo rather than just f-a-t. I started wearing a few pieces of maternity clothes and I have to put a band around the button and loop of my jeans. I'm not quite ready to give up my jeans yet. But I did get a bundle of incredibly cute maternity clothes to add to my wardrobe. But since I stay home a lot, I am really more comfortable in my stretchy long t-shirts anyways. I'm sure it's only a matter of weeks till I pack up my jeans and t-shirts for a while.

Did you see the pic of where baby Evie is in her development up in the ticker? Can you believe how cute and perfect she is already!?! I can't believe I'm gonna have a third little girl running around here (well not quite "running" yet) in only three and a half months! I've already been pregnant for half a year now...wow!

Rae is so darn cute with this pregnancy. I love the age that she is now and that she can comprehend - a little - of what is going on. I mean she actually knows there is a baby in my belly. She'll just come up to me sometimes and put her tiny little hand on my tummy and then ask, "is Baby Evie awake?" And the times when she is moving, Rae gets this light in her eyes when she can actually feel those flicks. I love watching her. Then the other day while she had her hand on my belly, she asks, "how did Baby Evie get in your tummy?" I giggled and said, "Daddy put her in there." Luckily for once, that was good enough for her. She is in that stage where everything is "why...why...why..." Bran told me the better answer was that God put her in there...of course he's always right.

I had an appointment with my Midwife on Tuesday and I measured in perfectly at 23.5 cm. We heard the heart beat, which is always a highlight, and she felt my tummy for the baby's position. She's head down, which the weird part is I told everyone on Saturday that I could feel her move into that position. It was the weirdest feeling...about 15 min of total uncomfortableness with a lot of pressure going out toward the bottom of my belly. I can feel her roll and turn all the time, but this time it was like a full on somersault!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet that little angel.

Ester said...

You are looking so good! Evie we'll be here before we know. Have a Happy Thanksgiving this week!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to get Matt to post some more pics - I'm only 3 weeks ahead and I am WAY bigger! It's official -- I can no longer see my feet (or any nether region for that matter!!!)

Have a good Thanksgiving!