Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful

I have much to be thankful for:

1. My awesome God - what an amazing Lord we serve. The blessings He pours out are innumerous (is that a word?).
2. My loving husband - another blessing from the Creator. He is perfect for me.
3. My wonderful daughters - I never could have imagined the feeling of having my heart outside of my body. My love and joy is so great for these girls. It is amazing that God can give us a taste of His great love for us through having children of our own.
4. My parents - two of the most amazing people I know. I would not change one. single. thing. about how I was raised. I only hope that my children can feel the same admiration toward Bran and I when they get older.
5. My parents-in-law - also very amazing people. Wonderful examples of how to love the Lord.
6. My brother - my closest friend while growing up...I could tell him anything...well, almost.
7. My SIL Lianne - I owe her for befriending me and then I met Bran through her. She was also very inspirational with my walk with Christ. I will always look up to her.
8. My SIL Kerri - I just don't even know what I would do without her...she is my other half.
9. My BIL Marshall - for marrying and making Kerri my SIL.
10. The rest of my family and friends - they've all had an important impact on my life.
11. That I can stay home - I am with my children, I am the one influencing them, I am the one teaching them their morals, I am able to show them my unconditional love at any time of the day. I feel so blessed for this opportunity to share this part of their lives with them. That I am there for it all...I don't miss a thing (like Kams going pee pee on the potty for the first time!).
12. Bran's Business - though it feels like a struggle, it is successful enough that we have a big beautiful home on spacious property, we can pay our bills, and I can stay home with the kids. That the hours are flexible and we see Bran everyday for a long, relaxing lunch.
13. My side jobs - for that little bit of extra income for all things unexpected. Those jobs include: Childcare of an 11.5 month old and an 8 month old, cleaning a couple offices, and Texperting (which I can elaborate on later).
14. Health - that of myself and my loved ones. I'm talking major health issues, not the colds that we all seem to have at the moment...
15. My Midwife - that I can birth at home comfortably and confidently. That my Midwife empowers me and truly loves me as well as every single child she delivers. I actually look forward to birth...and I know most people who read this will think I am coo coo...but that's okay too.
16. My church - I have an awesome place that I can worship, and an even more awesome congregation with whom I can fellowship. My church does absolute wonders within our community, especially after seeing the outreach they've done after the fires (that is still currently in place).
17. My country - I love my country and feel blessed to call it my own.
18. My home town - my mom grew up here, I grew up here, and my children will grown up here. I am in love.
19. Chocolate - wow, I can't believe I almost forgot to get that one in. I am strongly considering moving this one up in the count...like top 5? Who couldn't be thankful for chocolate?!? I definitely wouldn't be who I am today without this delicious confection.
20. All the little things - like Bran rubbing my shoulders just because, and Raegann telling me that she's gonna take care of baby Evie by changing her diapers and snuggling with her in her bed, and Kams announcing to the world that she's a lion and then crawling around growling wherever we happen to be, and Evie giving me little (well not so little anymore) kicks and rolls to remind me that she's in there, and my brother's marriage that's coming up, and the stars in the sky, and the wonderful weather where I live, and, and, and, and...and for the delicious Thanksgiving dinner we will all be enjoying tomorrow!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone...xoxoxoxo!!!

PS. Today is also my dad's birthday and I am very thankful for him (which I already said)...Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments: