Saturday, May 31, 2008

Another Gain!

In six days, little Evie has put on a grand total of three ounces. That's a half ounce per day and just what they expect to see from a little girl. She's still in newborn diapers and still in newborn clothes though. I still get comments on how little she is or how she must be so new. It still bothers me a little, but I have gotten used to it. I do immediately explain that we are struggling with her weight and that she is not supposed to be this small but that we are working hard to put some meat on her bones. It's so weird cause it seems like everyone I talk to about her Tongue-Tie knows all about it and either knows of someone who had it or they actually have had it in their family. Why have I never heard anything about it before? I guess it's just one of those things that you don't pay close attention to until it's something you're involved in.

7 comments:

Chastity said...

Yay for gaining!! If it makes you feel any better, I don't think I've ever heard of tongue-tie until you noted it on your blog.

Lori said...

SO glad she's gaining! Looks like all of your hard work pumping is paying off!

Ginny said...

I had heard of it, but honestly didn't think it was anything real. I think I thought it was one of those "cat got your tongue' type things.

I'm glad all of your hard work is paying off!

Ester said...

So glad to hear that things are on the up-swing. Keep up the good work and just enjoy your "little peanut" right now because you know how fast they grow :) Love ya.

Demara said...

Yeepee I'm glad she's (with your help) slapping some meat on her bones even if it is only an ounce every couple days or so! This is great news!!!

ⒿⒶⓃⓔⓉ said...

I am so glad to hear that your hard work is paying off.
Praise God!

Unknown said...

So glad to read the good news, you are a great mom. I will keep praying for you guys.