skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Evie Update
Thanks again for everyone's prayers for Evie and our situation, they just mean so much! So today we went down and had another great weight gain for this week. I am feeling so relieved! I talked to Shari the LC for about an hour and she thinks it's time for me to move Evie off the bottle. She said that of course we are playing catch up a little, but at the same time I shouldn't over-feed her either. She evaluated how she is nursing and she has improved greatly! So she set me up with a slow transition that will probably take a week or two. The first step, however, is that I get to turn my alarm clock off and let Evie wake me up when she's hungry! Hooray!!! I am so looking forward to more than two hours of sleep in a row!
8 comments:
Congrats! I remember when they finally let me stop waking Jon up at night. Sleeping was wonderful! I'm glad all of your hard work has been paying off.
That's wonderful news! :) Yay for more sleep too!
Great news!! Enjoy the extra sleep!!
That is Great News!!!
The reveal went Great! The ladies had fun and there was some good snakies. You have gifts on the SS table at church from your SS. We will start up again in September. It will be me and Lori F. taking it over, i think :)
Wow! Yes that will be the best thing for you. Sleep is important! And HOORAY for weight gain!!!
Congrats!!! I'm so happy for both you and Evie. Try to enjoy some sleep now - you deserve it.
Hi! I just happened to run across your blog. I just wanted to say that I know exactly what you are going through with your daughters weight situation. My son was born with a cleft soft palate, and was having feeding issues. By the time he was 12 weeks old, he only weighed 7 lbs 15 oz. He was 5 lbs 13 oz when he was born. He had just graduated to size 1 diapers, and was still in 0-3 and newborn sizes for clothes. I got a ton of, "he's so tiny!" comments, and it sadened me. But thankfully, with the help of God and doubling up on scoops of formula, he's now 16 lbs at 9 months. Still little, but he's healthy. Little Evie can and will gain weight, it might take some time, but she'll get there. I'll be praying for her.
Post a Comment