Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's been a while...

So sorry to my few faithful readers. I have just not been in the mood to blog lately. I so try to read all of your blogs but to take the time to write one of my own just hasn't been a priority. Maybe it's partially because Bran and I are currently addicted to LOST. We've been renting them and watching them at any given free moment! It's so nice to be able to watch them one after the other without having to wait a WHOLE WEEK between episodes! I can hardly even stand to wait for 24 hours until the kids are in bed again!

I wish so much that I could post some pictures :(
Anyone know what I need to do when my computer is out of room on drive C?

Evie:
Well, my little peanut is 4 1/2 months old now. We had her 4 month well-check last week and she weighed in at...drum roll please...9 pounds 11 ounces! Hip hip hooray! That is an exact two pound gain from her 2 month well-check! And of course most of you know it was quite a struggle before she actually started to gain, so the doc said that she is actually on an excellerated growth curve and that she should be caught up in no time. Sometime in the middle of last month I went down to pumping soely first thing in the morning and last thing before bed. Then I had such a crazy weekend with Raegann's birthday that I didn't even do that and on Monday she had still gained 3 ounces in 3 days! So I haven't pumped in about a month!!! She still looks pretty tiny, though. She is very long which doesn't help. Just today I had someone guess that she is only one month old! And I still have people asking if she was preemie. She just graduated to size one diapers and size 0-3 month clothes.

But she is so strong. She is rolling over both ways and pretty much flips over to her tummy immediately after I put her down. She can sit unsupported for a brief period (very brief, 5-10 sec), and she is trying so hard to crawl. She puts her little bottom up like a stink bug and almost inches forward. She can spin 360's pretty quickly on her belly.

Kammie:
This girl is so dang smart, I am amazed by her all the time. I feel like I am raising two 4-year-olds! A couple weeks ago I had a kindergarten teacher I know say that she was amazed that Kammie had only just turned three. I corrected her, telling her that Kams had in fact only recently turned two!

Rae:
I am so proud of my big girl. I enrolled her in a summer intro to dance class along with Kammie and their BFF Brenna. She is so reserved and intimidated by others that I really thought she'd be on my lap the entire time. Boy has she surprised me! She's been out there without me and participating so well!

Me & Bran:
We celebrated our seven year anniversary earlier this month! Yay!

That's all for now...peace out.

11 comments:

Ester said...

Yeah!! I was so excited to see a new blog. Sounds like things are going great. Can't wait to see all of you!

Lori said...

Thanks for the update! I love hearing about you and your girls.

Chastity said...

Yay for an update!!!

LOST is my favorite show of all time. It makes me sick to think I have to wait until January for new episodes!

It sounds like the girls are doing great. It's great to hear of Evie's weight gain!!

Demara said...

wow so thrilled about the weight gain! And all the ups you've been having, with your kids.

Congrats on 7 years too!!!

P.S. as i have changed the title of my blog-you are welcome to change your link "Yokoso" to "Demara" or "Demarablog" if you like. (I know it sounds rather boring doesn't it? But it just made sense to me...to have my blog title match my url.)

The Paulsens said...

Oooh, I love the update. I've been checking and checking and I was actually getting worried about you! I'm glad to hear all is well. I can't wait to see you and meet the girls at the end of August...I'm getting so excited about the trip! And, of course, I can't wait to introduce you to my little guy, who is growing like a weed! He is exactly one month older than Evie and he is going to look like a giant next to her as he is almost to size 3 diapers!

Anonymous said...

I have not seen LOST yet. After seeing how it makes an addict out of everyone, I am afraid to.

I am glad to see an update, was a little worried too. But it is hot outside and with a bunch of little kids, blogging about life gets in the way of life. or so is how it goes over here anyway.
~Shannon

Unknown said...

So glad to hear about Evie, Im so glad that all your hard work is really paying off. Congrats to you and Brandon too!

heidi said...

thanks for the update! btw, we have a couple seasons of lost on dvd that we own in case you don't want to rent them anymore!

Dena said...

yeah, an update! so glad to hear that guys are doing so well, especially little Evie. what a cutie. congrats to you and Brandon. Hugs.

L&D said...

Up HELLO! I'd be great to read from ya again!

Shannon said...

hellloooo. you lost still?