Oh my goodness! I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted! Like six weeks?...yikes! Well, at least the last couple weeks I was preoccupied with getting my house ready to have lots of company over Labor Day weekend. I don't really know what happened before that...
Anyways, enough with the excuses, lets get down to a quick family update. Everyone in my little family is waiting on me to finish nursing so we can go night swimming...the girls keep asking "is it dark yet?"
At six months old, Evie is still gaining. Last month she did taper off a bit but has been gaining well again over the past two weeks. I was doing weight watchers for breastfeeding mothers but I feel that watching my calories had a direct effect on Evie's weight gain, so I guess I won't be losing weight any time soon...although I have been exercising a lot. She is also near crawling. It is amazing to see this little tiny pipsqueak doing push ups to her tippy toes and then lunging forward. She has made her way out to the kitchen from her spot in our living room, maybe 4-5 feet.
Kammie and Rae are both pedaling their bicycles on their own now (with training wheels of course). I have been working with Raegann on preschool stuff. I finally got her to verbally spell her name (which Kams can verbally spell now too after I went over it so many times)! Now I just have to really work on her writing skills.
Both the girls will start Cubbies (AWANA) up in two weeks. Kammie is really too young still but she would be broken hearted if I didn't take her every time as well. And besides, she fits right in with the other kids and she is good at memorizing too. Oh, and I can officially say she is potty trained now. Although I do still put her in pull ups during naps and bed time.
I have lots more to say, but the clan is growing impatient. I must go put on my bathing suit now. :O)
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

7 comments:
Thanks for having us for Labor Day. We really enjoyed the visit! And, I completely agree with the losing weight and breastfeeding. I saw the same thing happening and decided that I could live with the extra weight if that meant my baby could eat!!
I was shocked to click her and see an update... almost closed the window before looking LOL.
wow, crawling already!
and super wow on the potty training. I am SO SO SO jelous!!Bgirl sits on the pot, wants big girl underwear but wont go. It is really frustrating because she is so ready. You and Kristal have girls a little younger that are potty training... noooo fair!!
Wow...Finally! I know you're busy. Where are the pictures???
Happy swimming, so happy the girls are doing so well.
aw so neat! glad to hear everything's ok. thx for the update!
It's so good to hear from you! I'm so happy to hear of Evie's progress with gaining weight.
Awe cubbies, they are so cute with there little vests, I love it.
Post a Comment