Alright. So, a lot has happened over the past week, the past month, really...the past year. Much of it I have not shared over this blog. I am super stressed and completely drained. Not really motivated to do any blog postings either. I wish I were happy, chipper, and eager to share my wonderful life with all of you out there. None of the stress has to do with my family - I have a wonderful husband and three amazing daughters. They keep me happy. The rest of my family is great too.
Here's a quick venting...the house we moved from 2 1/2 years ago (still in our name) is being sold as a short sale and the bank is basically screwing us. It has been on the market for seven months now and is going nowhere. Our credit and finances are a bit hairy to say the least. Last week our computer crashed. I had no backups. I had only saved pictures through December 2006 on disk. We lost a year and half worth of pictures, including my daughter's birth. Oh, and the books for our business. We had our computer guru friend try to recover it for us with no luck. Now we need to take it to a hard drive recovery specialist which should cost a pretty penny - and still there is no guarantee. On the bright side, our old hard drive was a 40 GB, and the new one we just got is 500 GB! I've finally downloaded my camera which still had pictures from May!
Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I can share some of those picture with you all, finally:
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

7 comments:
I'm sorry you're so stressed!
Your girls like straight butter?? My brother used to sneak and eat it too...disgusting, lol.
My kids would eat the butter too. I am so sorry to hear about your computer crash, good thing you kept some of your photos on the camera for so long. I hope it all works out for you.
awww, zandra, don't ever apologize for venting, its YOUR blog!! praying for you guys, that your house will finally sell and that your photos will be returned to you magically!
Oh I am so sorry about the computer crashing. Times like that I am so grateful that Donnie does computers. I mentioned it to him and he says depending on what is wrong with your hardrive they might still be able to recover it. His crashed once though and he has some hurricane type name for the crash because he lost a years worth of good stuff too that he was unable to recover. (I lost my pregnancy photos of Ellie) it is such a hard important lesson.
the butter LMBO!!! Wesley has done that too.
I'm glad to see you blogging again.
~Shannon
Sorry to hear about all the stressors goin on in your life. I do know the feeling of losing stuff on cameras though. I lost 2 years of video and I cried and cried. I think it's a great idea to start storing photos on CD's. I'd never thought of that!!!! So thanks.
oh that's terrible news Z! I hope it all works itself out, God willing!!! I pray that the hard-drive can be completely recovered. Amen~It's difficult living in a digital world when you don't own your own server. I don't know what I would do, really. I think it was a good idea to purchase a larger hard-drive, that should help a lot!
Peace be with you my friend.
Ugh- sorry to hear you've been going through so much. I'm thinking about you guys and wishing things take a turn for the better. I'm glad your family is keeping you strong- what a beautiful family.
Post a Comment