Saturday, November 08, 2008

Just a Little Somethin

We are all getting sick...yuck. Runny noses abound. I am the last and hopefully just won't get it. I feel a little extra protected since I am still taking prenatals.

But enough about me. Rae has been drawing so much lately and it is so cute! I got 'The Letter Factory' DVD by LeapFrog and it has been working like magic to teach her (and Kams) the letters (Capital and Lowercase) and their sounds. She is such a hardhead with me whenever I try to sit down and do a preschool lesson with her...we both end up frustrated and butt heads. But this DVD works so well and they don't even feel like they're learning...it just happens! Anyways, she has been practicing drawing her letters. Her favorite letter is 'A' and she points it out whenever she sees it and says, "Look! There's an 'A' for Raegann. There's an 'A' in MY name!" She is also drawing little stick people that are too cute.



This one inparticular she told me, is Baby Jesus sleeping. On the backside, which you can kinda see, are things that God made: the sun, the moon, and an airplane. I just can't bring myself to throw any away, but how in the world can I keep them all?!?

4 comments:

Chastity said...

I can totally tell that's baby Jesus ;).

Meredith said...

So, sweet! I remember we had a friend who leant us that dvd and it was/is amazing.
Take Care

Shannon said...

The letter factory is awesome.

Ellie would NOT learn anything from me, no matter what I tried or how I did it. Then when she went to kindergarten she learned it all in a flash. I like to think that my groundwork helped :)


I've decided to start scanning pictures and saving them on CD (as jpegs) one for each year or something. It gets harder and harder to throw it all away.

Or you could just go to Canada and come home and find out your husband threw them all away. (but that is a whole different story and surprisingly, he is still alive!)

Unknown said...

I love when kids start to draw little people, so cute.