Friday, May 29, 2009

Lee Vining 2009

Here are the pics from our vacation last week. Five solid days of living in, what Rae calls, The Wild. We try to go every year with the whole family. It is one of the most beautiful places God has created...I LOVE it there! The girls had such a great time of being outdoors, fishing, and eating smores! Evie enjoyed her first camping trip as well. Kerri, Marshall, and Luke were unfortunately unable to come since poor little Luke ended up with the stomach flu and was puking and they were changing diapers all weekend. We were all so bummed and they were sorely missed!


Our new tent (sleeps 8)! The creek is off to the right.


Watching Daddy fish.


Oops, forgot to turn this pic...Rae just looking so happy about being there!


My three girls!


Sean caught this fish with his bare hands...(we think it had a blind eye - he refuses to think so)


Rae & Kams chumming around


River rafting! You'd think this was safe with Bran holding them attached to a rope and all...but the current is very strong and the water gets pretty deep. It nearly took him down at one point and I almost saw my girls float down the raging creek helplessly...but thankfully he quickly grasped his footing and then took them to shore!


Group photo...sorry you can't really see anyone in the shadow.


All the fishermen with their stringer of trout.


Rae & Kams, BFF


Here they are torturing Grammie Jannie & Lili's new mini poodle puppies. The puppies actually loved all the attention!


Evie trying out the raft, safely on shore, far from the creek.


Kams, showing off her catch!

We had such a great time...looking forward to next year with little Weston in the mix!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE PICS ZANDRA! especially the puppies (I LOVE Moodles) and your daughter's smiles!! Can't wait to see Wes :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I think I would have had life vests on the kids for safety sake. It only takes a split second. That big tent will come in handy with all the little ones.

Z-Mama said...

I would have had life vests too, but they were out on the river before I had a say in the matter...once I did have a say, that's pretty much once they were brought to shore. It all happened pretty fast, once Bran realized it wasn't one of the best ideas...

Ester said...

Looks like so much fun and the girls definitely loved it - you can tell by their smiles!!

Unknown said...

We have the same tent, I love it!! Very handy for setting up a pack and play in. Your family is so cute:)