Wednesday, January 10, 2007

2007 Weight Loss Challenge

Who likes a challenge?!?! Well, I definitely need something to motivate me, so these are the rules to playing The Biggest Loser:

1. I will act as the coordinator and track results and hold the “pot of money” in a paypal account.
If I get enough people interested, then you will submit $20 to a paypal holding account for the contest. (ie. 10 people playing = $200 pot...motivating, isn’t it?!? More people = more mula)


2. The round will be 4 weeks in length

3. Weigh-in will be every Tuesday morning by 10:00am Pacific Standard Time

4. You must be completely HONEST! **UPDATE: You must weigh-in wearing the same clothes (or no clothes at all) in order to be the most accurate...we don't want someone wearing a 10 lb winter coat on the first weigh-in only to weigh nude in the end! **

5. I will post the results every Tuesday afternoon so you can see how you’re doing. Only the percentage lost will be posted. Actual weight will be kept strictly confidential.

6. Winner is based on the most percentage weight lost. (ie. A 120 lb person looses 10 lbs = 8.33%, and a 200 lb person must loose 16.67 lbs for the same 8.33% loss.) This is (1) because it is easier to loose weight when you are heavier and (2) because we don’t want skinny people loosing too much weight and (3) because this is the most accurate way of comparison.


Any questions?
Anyone interested???

11 comments:

Erin said...

I want to play!

Anonymous said...

Oh my...I would have to loose 16.67lbs in 4 weeks? I'm thinking about it...it depends if we have mula in our paypal account right now or not. I'll let you know.

oh and I can't believe what happened to Shannon and her family, I'm glad she has a support system here though hey?

I love the Biggest Loser show! Did you see the finale? It was so good!!!

Z-Mama said...

D~ You would just loose as much as you could...and whoever looses the most % at the end is the winner...or Biggest Loser! That 8.33% was just an example to show the weight loss difference between the two starting weights.

Meredith said...

At least you know that you don't know how to drive in snow, these other yahoos don't know they aren't doing it safely.:)

Jennifer said...

I'm in...how do I open a paypal account?

Z-Mama said...

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/
webscr?cmd=_registration-run

This link should get you started with opening a free account. Just click on the continue button.

Hotshot's Wife said...

I'm already committed to Weight Watchers!! But that sounds like fun, and money is always a motivator!!
Good Luck......

Anonymous said...

Hey Z-Mama, can I still play if I don't pay?

Z-Mama said...

Well, of course you could "play along," but you wouldn't be eligible for the cash prize at the end.

I think we'll start next week in case there are still people who haven't checked in to read my blog yet and who might want to play.

Anonymous said...

Hi Zandra! I want *need* to play! Keep me posted, ok! Love you -- Aunt Janette

Anonymous said...

Where do we check in Z-Mama?