Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My Baby is 3!

It's official: I now have a three-year-old! Which means she is more like a pre-schooler than a toddler, which makes me feel like she is growing up way too fast! Anyways, I am so thankful to the Lord for giving us such a wonderful blessing with Raegann. She is such a joy in our lives, so happy, so full of adventure, learning, and curiosity. So hopeful, so gentle, a spirit so delicate and breakable. So hard-headed and independent, yet still so needy. She is helpful yet destructive. She is honest and empathetic. She is outgoing and wild here, but sweetly shy there. Her hugs, kisses, and deep brown eyes are so full of love. Her soft cuddles remind me of how much I adore being her mommy.



The Birthday Girl!


Posing in dress-up with her little sister.


L-R: Raegann, Natalie, Kamryn, and Nicole. The little girls I watch decided to throw a bday party for her!


Raegann and the beautiful blanket Grammie Jannie knitted for her.


Everyone singing happy birthday and her getting ready to blow out the candles.


Best sisters wearing new matching jammies.


Raegann's bday cake made by yours truely. She called it her farm cake!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

very lovely sentiments on your birthday girl...makes me go...I remember when my first was three...et cetera.

(must point out...pretty sure a cow can only have either an udder or horns...not both. Otherwise once again you put the rest of us to shame with your cake making abilities but then I think you already know that ;)

Z-Mama said...

Well, I was just copying a cartoon pic I had on hand, so I don't really know. But...since I am a complete dork, I went ahead and looked up this little bit of trivia and on one website it said: "...even female Bovids (cow family) have horns, although they are not as impressive as those of their male counterparts." Guess ya learn somthin new every day...

Z-Mama said...

Oh, yes, and by the way, thanks so much for the complement! Makes my day. :O)

Jennifer said...

it is a lovely cake. gosh I guess it's been a while since I was around cows...hehehe.

Demara said...

(((Yay my husband showed me how I can comment on your blog!!! I could only see 1/4 of the pop up box, so basically I could see nothing. Aw and all this time I thought I would never be able to comment again...you know what the simple answer was? Hold SHIFT down and click on POST A COMMENT, crazy hey? But hey I'm here now.)))

I love the cakes you make!!! AND 3 years old already? Wow that's awesome!!!