Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Attempt to see a country music concert: Take 2

SUCCESS!!! For those of you that don't remember, my last attempt was to see Dwight Yokam and ended in my missing the entire concert due to alcohol poisoning and thoughts that I would rather be dead. Fortunately the ending to this story is much, much happier! Marcie, a friend of Kerri's and mine called us up Sunday afternoon saying her group ended up having two extra tickets to the Keith Urban concert that night and were we interested in going...um, heck yes we were interested! We hurriedly got ourselves as glammed-up as we could in the roughly 15 minutes we had and headed out. We met up with Marcie and then drove to the concert venue. She picked up our tickets at will call and we went in. When they checked our tickets they pointed us to the stair well to go DOWN...down? Hmmm, must be nice seats. At the bottom of the stair well they checked our tickets again and escorted us around the floor seats and we were headed toward the front of the stage...and stopped at row 11! And not only that, but there was a catwalk jetting off the stage through the middle of the seats and we were 2 people away from that! Were they kidding us? Was this real? And FREE??? Kerri and I could hardly contain ourselves over our excitement! Apparently Marcie knows the wife of a man who works directly for Keith Urban and they got a bunch of "Hot Seats." And Ladies, let me tell you, seeing Keith Urban in person and CLOSE up...this guy is candy! I don't know why I hadn't realized it before...he had a great sense of humor, was charming, and that accent - Mmmmmmmmmmmm! What a great night we had!

Kerri and I being excited over our seats!

My good friend, Keith.

This picture is not zoomed in at all...I could have literally touched him if I stood on the seats and leaned over a bit! If I did, I think I would have just pulled him on me, though.

Earlier that day was a Baby Shower for one of my friends, and these are a couple pics of the cake I did.
The end.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are married, right? nice cake, as you know i love it!!! i was just wondering how you had time to blog with that to do list you rattled off to me, i retract my offer.

Meredith said...

That cake is gorgeous! Wow you are amazing!

Jennifer said...

...how long does it take to make that cake?

Z-Mama said...

My girlfriend Sara and I usually work together, but when it's for a personal friend or family member I just do it all myself at no charge (except for maybe the ingredients). Depending on what time the cake is needed (am or pm) I begin 2-3 days in advance. This cake was started 3 days before; I made the fondant, filling, and butter cream. 2 days before I bake the cake and fill it and cover in fondant. The day before I piece it together and do the actual decorating. Probably took a grand total of 6-8 hours.

Anonymous said...

I loved my cake!!! Thank you!!..glad you girls had fun at the concert!

Demara said...

OH Z-mama that is a very beautiful cake you made! AND TO SEE KEITH IN CONCERT??? YOU LUCKY BUM! I love his jeans song and the what's it called now? "it's just a piece of paper...it says in God we trust" song? I have that album of his and love to listen to it LOUD on my drives to and from Goomba's school everyday. But anyhow, I just thought I'd stick you on my RSS Feeds and check in on you, since I had not seen an update in some time I forgot about you I admit. *sorry BUT HEY I'm back!

Chastity said...

Honey, that cake is too beautiful to eat!!