Monday, July 16, 2007

A Little Something

I just remembered that I hadn't reported on Kammie's last doctor's visit earlier this month for her 15 month well-check. So, she's grown a little out of the 3% she was in:

Height: 30.25" - 25-50%
Weight: 20 lbs 3 oz - 10-25%

And here are Raegann's stats at the same age (15m):

Height: 29.5" - 25%
Weight: 21 lbs - 25-50%

So we all know that Kamryn is small. I get comments ALL the time about how she is such a little midget! A couple weeks ago I even had a lady run out of a store, point at her enthusiastically and ask, "How old is she?!?!" When I replied 15 months, she said, "Oh! I have an 8 month old the same size as her, and I couldn't believe when I saw her walking around so well!" Anyways, it's nice to see that Raegann was pretty much exactly the same, just a little shorter and heavier. And here's the funny thing: I had them do her current 3 year stats. Here are the results:

Height: 38.5" - 90%
Weight: 30 lbs 4 oz - 25-50%

So Raegann's height skyrocketed between 15 months and 3 years old! So what do these stats tell you anyways? Nothing really, I guess. It really gives you no prediction to the future, and in some cases it can tell you if a child is unhealthy, but give me a break; you can LOOK at the child to see that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so true stats tell us nothing really but why are WE so interested in then them! Funny huh?

Chastity said...

Oh how I hate when people start comparing babies weights/heights/percentiles! I can't stand when people come up to me and says "my six month old weighs more than her"..my baby is 15 months old as well and weights just a teensy bit more. People are just annoying.

The Jacksons said...

This post made me laugh- I can relate but on the other end of the spectrum. People can't hold back from telling me how huge my boy is. My favorite comments are "what do you feed that boy?", "he's a TANK!", and "how did THAT come out of you"?...what am I supposed to say to that. I know he's big- he's 27 lbs and I'm only 5'1!
I love that you said how that stats aren't always a predictor.
Your girls are so cute Zandra.

Demara said...

I often wondered if kids, that grew faster in the early years were more prone to hit puberty sooner and therefore stop growing sooner? I wonder if there's been studies done on that before???

Both your babies are so very perfect, too, i think.