Last Saturday I had a Tea Party, which was this pregnancy's version of a baby shower. I didn't want to have another typical shower, but definitely didn't want to not celebrate the upcoming birth of little Evie. So, Kerri and Lianne put together this Tea Party for me at a tea room in an old Victorian Cottage. I only had pretty much those ladies who will be present for the birth attend. They all brought me wonderful gifts (which was totally NOT expected, but VERY appreciated)! It was a very fun and memorable day! 
Me ready to go to tea - 37 weeks pregnant!

The Victorian Village.

Here I am ready to chow down on the food (& tea)! I loved the finger foods and wonder why we don't have "tea" traditionally here! You start at the bottom of the tower and work up. On the bottom were the crustless sandwiches: chicken salad, cranberry & chutney, cucumber, roasted red pepper cream cheese, and pineapple cream cheese. On the second tier was the heavier desserts: brownies and lemon bars. On the top was the lighter desserts: fresh fruit with cream, cream puffs, and scones with lemon curd & clotted cream. Mmmm, I'm making myself hungry all over again!

All the girls! When we walked in we all picked out a boa and a fancy hat. Don't we look just like rich women from the 1800's??? Ha!!!
7 comments:
Looks like a great girl's time! And it's wonderful that you have all that support too. I hope I have a circle of lady friends around for my births. Since we don't have much family support and all, but who knows if I'll even be able to have kids right? I'll find out in a couple months though after my surgery, of which I'm a little nervous about but I'm sure it'll be ok. Thanks for the visiting me today! I understand the business that pulls us away from blogging so don't worry about it. *smile*
FUN!!
You look fabulous!!!!!!
Looks like it was fun. What a great idea!
That looks like so much fun!!
Sounds like you had fun with your friends.........
Trisha
That looks like so much fun! Where is the tea house located? My mom and I love tea houses and that looks awesome.
Post a Comment