Thursday, March 20, 2008

Goodie Grab Bag

I thought I'd try to squeeze in an update although it's hard to do anything these days! So this is a goodie-grab-bag type of post where everything is just about the randomness of the past week or two. First of all I think I am ready to get back into a normal routine and start getting things done around the houses. I mean I've pretty much been more or less of a convalescent over the past two weeks...staying in PJs and either in bed or on the couch most of the time! Bran has taken over all mommy duties for Rae and Kam as well as the housework...needless to say, the house looks like a bomb went off in every room! But I won't complain at all about the job he's done with the girls...he's been great: Gets them up in the morning with a pre-breakfast appetizer of a poptart or banana, puts on a short movie (either baby einstein or Veggie Tales) then he heads to work and I am able to get about another 30-60 min of alone/rest time. Then my mom usually comes over by that time for about one or two hours and gets the girls dressed and feeds them a real and more wholesome breakfast. While my mom's here I move from the bed out to the couch. Then when my mom leaves, the girls are set to play together for about another hour...then Bran is back home for lunch and before he leaves he puts them down for their naps. When they wake up 3-4 hours later, I just get them a simple snack and then Bran is home from work about an hour later. Then someone from our church brings us dinner! I don't know if this is something that normally happens if you're not affiliated with a church or even if most churches do this, but for all the ten years that I've been attending my church it has always done meals for families with new babies. I think I have dinner set up through Monday, which is over two and a half weeks since I've had to think about what we're gonna eat! Some of those have also been from family and friends who...no...I guess most of my family and friends do go to our church...I guess maybe only two friends have brought me dinner who don't go to our church! I love my church! And I love the all the people and all the food and especially the desserts! That's my favorite part...Anyways, I got off topic...so after dinner Bran puts dinner away, cleans the girls up, gets them in their jammies and puts them to bed. I love this routine, but the condition of the house is starting to get to me. So my first step was to actually start getting dressed in the mornings. This first started a couple days ago. Yesterday I did errands (with the help of my mom) - groceries, Easter basket stuff, bank, animal feed store. Then today I decided I would start picking up toys and directing them back into the girls room. Then I did the dishes myself and wiped down the counters and swept the floor tonight after dinner. I think I swept up about a pound of stuff off the floor! Oh! and I even did a load of laundry! We'll see if I'm up for more chores tomorrow...I may have pooped myself out and have to revert to convalescent classification. I seriously suck at recuperating! How is it that some women give birth and are back into the swing of things only days after???

Some pics:

Rae in the Go-Cart with her BFF Brenna at Brenna's 3rd Bday. She had the best time at the party and could have rode in that Go-Cart till sundown...and even then some...


My little girl's already starting to wear a bra!!!!


My first homemade Inside-out Veggie Maki Sushi...avocado, carrot, cucumber, asparagus, & cream cheese...mmmmmmmm!


My little papoose...my view of her in the sling.


I had to get a pic of silly big sisters too!


These are the flowers Bran got me for Valentines day...this pic was taken on the 16th of March, so they are over a month old! They still look perfectly beautiful!


Who's who? Any guesses?!? Well, they're in birth order, but pretty crazy how similar they all look, hu?!? (click on pic to enlarge)

4 comments:

Chastity said...

I usually just humor bloggers when they compare pictures of their kids, but yours really do all look alike. I already thought the two older girls look practically like twins, and I'm sure the new little one will be moe of the same :).

Demara said...

Z I just love how you have similiar pics of all your girls and sure do look alike! I'm so glad you have so much help from your church, that's how a church should be. And the big sisters are so funny!! I can't believe you have 3 girls already. I can just imagine them all grown up, where so much fun is to be held. Girls Night Outs, slumber parties, baking cakes, going shopping, aw they have quite the adventure ahead!!! :)

Shannon said...

they really do look so much alike. little adorable cookie cutter girls.


Wow, nearly 3 weeks of help. I am a wee bit envious of that. We got food for a week and it was awesome. I wish I had family close by to come help like that too. It is wonderful for you though and every woman should have as much help as possible for that first month. It took me MUCH longer to recover from Bradley, no idea why. I was just so beat down it felt. Work slowly into your routine and all will be well.


Thanks for sneaking on to share. :)

Meredith said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Kammie!