Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Meet Violet

We started calling her Violet. Dontcha think it fits? Now tell me if I'm just being silly or do you think this is sort of ironic...She is named after Bran's Grandma Evelyn. After we began calling little Evie Violet, my BIL points out that Evelyn's middle name WAS Violet...and then on top of that, her initials were E.V. (Get it? EV...Evie???)! Weird.

Anyhoo, this is what the topical antiseptic Gentian Violet does. It gets EVERYWHERE! And I am a perfectionist and it still got everywhere. Clothing, face, top of her head, my clothes...I even woke up with splotches of it up and down my arm - and it takes days to fade. But, let me just tell you that it worked. After a week's use, the Thrush is gone (*crossing fingers*).


This is what it pretty much looked like on her lips. It was really me that suffered more in this particular instance with burning, stinging, itchy tata's.


Thank goodness - back to beautiful again!


6 comments:

Lori said...

Okay so when I saw that picture I thought that one of your other girls had given your baby something that made her that color, or had colored her with purple marker or something. I'm really glad that did not end up being the case. Although a funny story it would certainly have made.

Chastity said...

I didn't know what to think when I first saw that picture, lol.

You know, I like the name Violet. I think it's lovely. I don't think my husband would go for it, but I think it's nice. Too bad it's one of those celebrity baby names...

Ester said...

That stuff is crazy looking. Glad things seem to be all cleared up, hope it stays that way.

Anonymous said...

I told you that stuff was a mess! :) I haven't had to use it in about a month and I still find little purple spots on the carpet or on our skin...weird. I'm glad it worked!

Unknown said...

That purple stuff is crazy looking!We are having another sonogram done later this month. The one that we had done was a 3d that we had done seperate.

Demara said...

that is so ironic !
What is little Evie's middle name? is it Violet too??

And that thrush medicine is so messy. I thought she got her hands on a pen or something, yuck!

she sure is growing.