Sunday, March 29, 2009

Baby's Gender...

I feel shocked, thrilled, excited, and blessed to announce that we will be adding a BOY to our family!

Wow, I just feel like I'm in a dream! I think I just felt like we only had girls and so that's kinda what I expected. Rae said from the beginning she wanted a brother, and Kams said she wanted a sister. On our way up to the place Rae said, "we really need a boy in this family..." It was so darn cute.

So Kerri and I had back-to-back appointments and our whole family was there. I went first. The tech started out by measuring the heartbeat - 145. Then she did some quick checks, like the baby had five fingers and five toes and a beautifully enclosed spine. Then she went between the legs. She stopped and asked, "do you guys have any idea what it is?" Of course I thought I saw a little something extra there, but was afraid I'd jinx it or be wrong if I said it aloud. So I said I didn't know, and then she announced "Its a BOY!" I got teary eyed and still couldn't believe it. She showed us at every possible angle that there was in fact a little penis between his legs. She said "Well, he sure isn't shy! He wants to make sure we see him!" It was so fun and our tech was great! You could tell that she really enjoys her job.

Then Kerri climbed up on the table. The tech started out the same way. The heartbeat was 155, I think. Then she kinda slipped over between the legs and I couldn't see anything there. But I wasn't sure yet. Then she did the other checks like she did with mine and then headed back to between the legs. She said, "Okay, enough with the suspense. So you already have a boy? Well you're having a GIRL!" It was so amazing! And so special. They are naming her after Kerri's Grandma, Mary Elizabeth, who's birthday is coming up. Kerri really wanted to be able to tell her on or before her birthday if it was a girl!

Then we all went out to Island's to celebrate! It was such a fun and fulfilling day!


There's a penis!


Here his right leg is up a little and you can see his little pee pee in the middle there.


Smiling for his first picture. Looks to me like he has Rae's full lips!


Profile


This one looks like the 3-D one we got with Evie...all cuddled up against mommy!


This one I love how you can see his perfect little hand and a beautiful spine and rib cage.



Next...I will have to work on a name. Middle name will be McIntyre after daddy and grandpa's middle names.

11 comments:

Dena said...

oh i'm just so excited for you guys. and what a special and perfect day with your whole family and kerri and everything. what a blessing. congratulations!

heidi said...

i have goofy smile on my face reading this! as soon as i found out earlier, i called josh and he sounded just as stoked as me!! so happy for you guys :)

Unknown said...

I got a text from a little bird last night and have been dying for you to post this. I am so excited for you guys!! And the sonogram pictures are beautiful. Congratulations!

Heather said...

Yeah a boy!!!! I love mine, I'm sure that you'll love yours! I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

A BOY?!?!?!

OH that is SO SPECIAL!

I loved the shot of him smiling for his first pic.

He looks a lot like Kammie I think.

Happy for you guys.

Chastity said...

I know we already talked about it, but CONGRATULATIONS!!

Smith Family said...

How fun for you guys. Boys are great. I bet Keri is so happy to be having a girl. We all know how much fun Kim has with her girls.

Shannon said...

How sweet. It will be fun for each of you to experience the opposite of what you already have.

I cannot make them hair pretties or dress them all frilly but where else can I get a Valentine that says "I love you Mommy" with a hand drawn picture of me and my son driving a pink monster truck.

The Jacksons said...

WOO-HOO!! I had to re-read the first few lines just to make sure I read them right :O)
Congrats to you guys- what a blessing. Can't wait to see what he looks like!
Take Care~
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so excited for you Zandra. You are going to have so much fun. The girls will soon have a baby brother. YEAH.

Tammy Badgett

L&D said...

Time for some belly shots my dear! We need you to show off that growing boy.