Everything! I can't believe how hard it is to name your own child. I mean, I've done this more than once already, but I am still just blown away. Maybe because it's so different looking into boy's names now. At any rate, I am completely anal and have had to flip through the baby name book page by page, reading every single boy's name. It took me about 3 weeks, but I finally finished. I now have a list of names around 30 names long. I still don't feel any of them really...like, can this really be the name for my baby? Everyone asks me about the name, and when I tell them I don't have one yet, I feel like a get a look of disbelief, as if I'm trying to hide the name. I know some people do that, but not me. I don't really like to say our ideas, because then people tend to give their opinions, but when we decide, I don't mind telling people that this is our baby's name. When you are firm with the name, they tend to be less judgmental and more prone to at the very least say they like it. Anyways, I looked up the rankings for the names on my list from 2008. Most of them aren't popular: 8436, 2088, 1924 are some of the highs, 850, 676, 442, 356, 287 are some of the mids, and 133, 77, 67 are the lows. I am leaning toward the end of the alphabet, though not the very end, while Bran is liking the names toward the beginning. I may just have to put the list out of order...I think he gets bored halfway through!
Anyways, that's a quick update. I do have pics to share. I just have to download them from my mom's camera - I've lost my camera yet again. Oh, and I am really starting to feel pregnant lately. Just within the last 4-5 days or so. All of a sudden my tummy has popped, and I am feeling so easily worn out, physically, besides the normal tiredness of wanting to sleep all the time. The baby is kicking my like crazy and I can't believe I am already over halfway done - nearly 22 weeks! He will be here before I know it!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

8 comments:
can't wait to hear the name!
And I agree with your reasonings...I'd wait.
I've known of people waiting until the baby is 2weeks born before naming them, so not knowing yet is OK! As long as you have a name picked out on the baby's birthday everything's fine I think;o)
Im with ya Zandra....We have yet to come up with a name we both like!
I went to the social security site, which only has names through 2007 because they compile the official list based on taxes and haven't released 2008 yet. They only go up to 1000 (near as I can tell anyway). Here were your ranks, according to 2007 on the SS page.
Slade
Elvis
Noe
Esteban
Axel
Nolan
Jesus
Jeremiah
:-)
Very funny! Those names are so not my style, Nolan may be the closest, but none of those happen to be on my list...
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear all is well. Can't wait to see pictures!
Haha, I was reading your other comments...Slade, Elvis, Axel, lol. Slade was my high school sweetheart's name, and I just cannot imagine it on a little baby. I'm glad those aren't the names you're considering.
If we had a boy I wanted to name him Reid or Grey....but now my best childhood friend is using Reid and my brother in law used Grey for my nephew's middle name...so if we ever do get a little boy, I'll have to start all over in the name department. Good luck choosing your name! I can't wait to hear the final verdict!
My friend just named her baby boy "Frank."
I still can't quite get used to calling a baby Frank, even though I like it for a man's name!
I'm in the same boat with names. We're just not in agreement and haven't found the names that we "feel" are perfect. I totally feel your pain on this one.
It will come. Baby will have a name. They always do. Good luck!
Post a Comment