Sunday, July 05, 2009

Cute Kid Moments

Last night while Kams was shrieking with sheer excitement over each beautiful firework, Rae would announce in a drab, almost annoyed voice, "Too big." "Too loud." "Too sparkly." Could these girls be any more different!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Driving home the other day, after pondering something for a few minutes, Rae asks me:
R: Did you eat Baby Weston?
M: No, honey. (as I giggle under my breath)
R: Well, how did he get in your tummy then?
M: Jesus put him in there to grow and get bigger.
R: Oh...Well, how's he gonna get out?!
M: (trying to remain calm and provide a reasonable answer) Well, mommies have a special hole for babies to come out of. (phew, that was a good answer)
R: Umm, where?
M: (starting to sweat a bit...) Down here...(as a quickly point)
R: Where???
M: (take a deep breath) Down between my legs. (good, good, I'm being truthful here.)
R: Can I see it?
M: No. (as we pull into our parking spot at home and I turn the car off. thank goodness we were home!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rae and Kams were being the best of friends the other day, being so sweet to each other. I cut them up some apples for a snack and went to sit in the living room. I was really enjoying eaves dropping on their conversations. So sweet and innocent.

K: You know, you can't have two girls marry.
R: Yeah, I know.
K: Well, I really don't want to marry Colin anymore.
R: Okay. Well, who do you want to marry?
K: I don't know!? I think I need to pray. Dear God and Jesus...please help my parents. I want to find a prince and live happily ever after. The end.

She really does think she's a princess!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a crack up! I just love the last story:)

Ester said...

So cute! I love all of them.

Anonymous said...

HAHA that's hilarious!! I was sitting on the edge of my seat literally LMHO

THX for the share! too cute.

L&D said...

Oh man, I just had flashbacks of my conversation with my boy. I still shudder at the thought of it. Yeesh. Can't u just wait until the baby is out so the questions perhaps stop for a little bit?!?!?