Tuesday, August 11, 2009

37 Weeks

This is me last week at 36 Weeks:


Last night (nearly 37 weeks) I had my home visit with my midwife. I thought we'd have a "practice birth," as we usually do, but she didn't feel that we needed it this time! So we all just sat together in the living room and discussed what we liked or what we'd like to do differently from the previous births. Everyone pretty much agreed that we love how the births have gone in the past, and just hope to repeat them. Then we did a regular prenatal. My belly measured 33?...I think...well, it was 1 cm more than last visit anyways. She estimated that the baby will weigh 7.5 - 8.0 pounds at birth. Next week she's coming to my house again for a prenatal! I can't believe the baby will be here so soon! 37 weeks is considered "Full Term," but I still have so much to do to get ready for his arrival! I really need that nesting instinct to kick in about now!

Here are pics of the cake order we did for Saturday:

3 comments:

Ester said...

You look fantastic and that cake is absolutely adorable!!!

L&D said...

Yes, you are tiny. Good thing you're not likely to deliver a 10+ pounder! Good luck with the L&D. Totally rooting you on.

Unknown said...

I cant believe your little one is almost here, you look so good! I love all the little western stuff, he is going to be so cute.