skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Postpartum Nightmares...
Bran was calling the first week after Wes' birth "Hell Week." I think it has extended well beyond the first week and it may be safe to include the whole first month into that description. This list is not really in chronological order, but just in order of how I remember it:- Brandon walks out to find Evie dancing atop the dining room table.
- Evie sucks Hershey syrup from the bottle while hiding down the hall.
- Kams pees outside through her leotard.
- Kams pees outside on sidewalk through her underwear.
- Evie pulls off diaper after she is put to bed because the next morning her DRY diaper is tossed to the side and her crib is a soaked mess. Laundry time.
- Kams pees on bedroom floor while trying to dress for the day.
- Evie climbs on dining room chair to reach for something, falls off, and busts her mouth complete with a bloody face.
- Kams comes up to me with white stuff splattered on her face, lips, and clothes...looks a little like paint, but I can't figure it out. I ask her what it is and she says "nothing..." I ask again and she says "ummm, poison." So I say "SHOW me NOW!" She brings me a white out pen...nice...
- Evie pulls off diaper at nap time after she poops in it. Steps in it...sits in it...smears all over her bedding. More laundry.
- Kams cuts her hair off to her ears.
- Wes IS tongue-tied and gets his tongue clipped.
I'm sure I forgot something, so I'll add to the list as I remember or as new things happen!!!
- Kams, who had climbed ontop of her dresser, falls off after the sharp, loud thunder cracked during the lightning & thunder storm a week and a half ago. One drawer breaks on her way down and slices her ankle open. Pretty bloody, but luckily didn't need stitches...
7 comments:
Oh my goodness...poor Zandra and Brandon. Your post did make me crack up meaning one day you will get to look back at it and smile too. Although that may not be for a little while. I didn't see Raegann's name so at least you got one behaving? That's good you found out Wes was tongue tied early on. How is he doing now? Hang in there mama - things will get better!
oh, zandra! wow, i guess i can't complain about my kid's issues anymore. that is crazy!! i wonder if kammie is regressing in potty training because of the baby? and i'm so glad that you found out about weston's tongue. that must be a relief now. love you! ((hugs))
4 was like the magic "I am now nuts" number- only now are my weeks not feeling like that, every single week. (bradley is almost 2!)
Enjoy the ride!!! Thankfully a lot of the stuff is just so laughable, that it makes it tolerable. Until you have 4 puking and Brandon just happens to be out of town.
Oh Zandra! I'm laughing, but I know you don't find any of it funny.
wow, it's as if you'd had a bunch of boys instead of nice sweet mild mannered girls.
and oh my goodness, when you said that 'wes is tongue tied...' for some reason i thought you were talking about the dog! LOL!!!!
hugs to you...hang in there, i mean where else are you going to go??? :o)
Yikes! I feel for you guys! I think I need to treasure this time with just one baby!
Oh my goodness Zandra...you will look back at this and laugh...I promise :O)
Post a Comment